Lowest prices for your stay
US$74
US$73
Hotels.com
US$73
eDreamsUS$74
PricelineUS$74
Trip.comUS$78
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2020

This hotel is close to the Porta Susa train station in a quiet neighbourhood outside of the downtown -- note that it is a far walk to the main city centre. The hotel includes a complimentary continental breakfast with an indoor and outdoor terrace seating area. The room is very simple with basic amenities. Some updates are definitely needed such as the carpeting, shower, and layout of the room -- there’s a weird loft area which makes the room feel smaller than it is; however, the hotel does put in a good effort to make guests comfortable. The hotel offered early check-in with baggage storage. The hotel is very basic and lacks character and Italian charm, but the staff were nice and we enjoyed having the complimentary breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Stayed here to visit our son over Halloween break. Allocated a top floor 2 bed apartment. Spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Staff were very friendly. 2 minute walk to Porta Susa Train Station and close to historical centre of Turin. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2019

I booked this hotel for a solo trip to Turin with the idea of using the city as a base to visit the surrounding area.

Location:

The hotel is situated on the 2nd floor of a beautiful arcaded shared-purpose building on a main avenue surrounded by bars, cafes and some shops. The area is safe, well-lit at night, well-transited by cars and people well into the evening and right next door to the XVIII Diciembre metro station (linking you directly to Porta Nuova train station, the busiest in Italy, in 5 minutes) and 2 minutes walk from the Porta Susa rail station (the 2nd busiest in the country). The airport bus that I took stops at the bus station right outside Porta Susa station too! So for the purpose of travel is it absolutely fantastic. If you come back late from travelling into the rail station nearby you feel perfectly safe walking back to the hotel. Walking from the hotel to the centre (even though it's fairly central anyway) instead of taking hte metro takes about 20-30 mins via large avenues and through grand squares, or via quaint alleys if you prefer, with plenty of cafés, supermarkets (Carrefour Express etc.) and restaurants on the way.

Entering the hotel:

Reception is also open 24 hours, though the shared building's large front door is locked from about midnight. However, you can simply ring the doorbell and they'll buzz you in.

Entering the hotel is done by a large and airy staircase or by a small and rather old looking elevator. People with claustrophobia who are intimidated by enclosed stairways shouldn't have a problem at all, but you need to ring a doorbell to enter reception on the 2nd floor (which in my view further adds to the security of the location). Reception is clean, bright and friendly and feels very accessible thanks to being right around the corner from the rooms and because of the highly friendly staff who make you feel completely at ease. They all speak perfect English and seem proud of their establishment. They are more than happy to print out tickets etc. for you too. Reception features a comfortable sofa, a book stand with interesting books on the city's history, and a fridge cabinet which you can buy water and soft drinks from (1.50 euros for a 1.5 litre bottle of water, though the tap water in the bathroom is drinkable too, and the city is absolutely peppered with fresh, clean public drinking fountains).

One thing to mention is that the room keys are not keycards and are physical keys, which you must hand back into reception whenever you leave the hotel, and then request when you come back. It was first a bit odd for me but it makes perfect sense for security. I quickly adapted to it and it didn't cause me any hassle at all.

The room:

The room I booked was a single bed room. The ceiling was very high above the bed area (though there was a glass block window in what appears to be an attic but it didn't really bother me). The room had a very good remote controlled air conditioning system which was very much needed in the summer heat. The room featured a spacious balcony overlooking the interior courtyard of a quaint apartment building. The bathroom was clean and featured a bidet plus a small stand with free toiletries as well as quite an advanced shower for the price (rain shower head, handheld head, side jets etc.).

The room was very clean despite some marks on the wall but it didn't look shabby at all and felt like a very comfortable space to stay in. There was no safe but there was a large wardrobe for storage plus a desk and TV (which I didn't use so I can't comment on it). Hotel features pretty decent free wifi. Only negative was that the bed was quite uncomfortable, it was hard and you could really feel the springs underneath so I had to put the blanket from the wardrobe under my back every night but once I did that it was no issue. The bed was also quite short too so my feet were hanging most nights (and I'm only 170cm ish tall). Another slight issue was (and bear in mind this is during the late June 2019 heatwave with 30-40 degrees daily) that the cleaning staff actively opened the balcony doors and left them propped open with a chair every day. When I got back after a long day my room was like an oven. The air at night was not cool at all so I had to quickly blast the room with the air conditioning before going to bed. I really don't see the logic in them opening the doors. By all means, turn off the aircon and pull the curtains, but don't let the warm air in.

Breakfast:

By far the most IMPRESSIVE aspect of my entire stay at this hotel was the breakfast, which I looked forward to eagerly every morning. Served from 7-10 (not sure if everyday but I stayed Monday to Thursday), breakfast is served in a lofty, attractive breakfast room with a large attached terrace overlooking the surrounding area. It was one of the most idealistic, picturesque breakfast I've ever had in a hotel.

Breakfast didn't consist of any hot food apart from boiled eggs, but for me all of the continental food on offer was more than enough. It mainly consisted of a selection of meats, cheeses, fresh bread, pastries, yoghurt pots, fruit and some packaged breakfast biscuits which were handy to put in my rucksack for travelling later on.

It's very relaxed and there's no formal entry to breakfast, you simply sit where you like and the very welcoming lady who arranged breakfast every morning comes over to ask you if you'd like any hot drinks. The espresso = oh wow. Seriously, this breakfast setup was absolutely ideal for me as both a busy traveller and someone who liked to sit down and have a nice coffee in a beautiful setting. It was at this point, upon having my first breakfast at the hotel, that I realised I had got a VERY good deal.

Conclusion:

This hotel is an absolute MUST if your'e looking for a cheap, comfortable stay in Turin with no sacrifices on location or a lack of breakfast. You feel very welcome and travelling to other cities via train or bus is an absolute breeze. Don't hesitate, just book it!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2019

This was a comfortable, clean Hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I think my room may have had an adjoining door to another room as I could faintly hear someone snoring but it didn't disturb me. The breakfast was all you would hope it would be even though I had a very early start. I would definitely go there again if passing through Turin.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2019

Loved it, location perfect for the trams metro and trains, lots of cafes and restaurants nearby and a stroll away from all the sights. Breakfast was fantastic with loads of choice, Staff very helpful and informative, thank you so much!

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room, which overlooks the rear courtyard instead of the main street
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple