“nice park, not the quietest.”

Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli
Ranked #63 of 1,001 things to do in Milan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

my hotel was on the Via Lazzaretto so this park was right on my doorstep.

its a lovely park, not the biggest, but they do pack a lot in. entering from the south, on your left, you have the impressive façade of the Palazzo Dugnani, with fountain in front. paths then crisscross it leading you to the various sections and features, which are many. there's natural history, a planetarium, lakes and statues everywhere.

the central section, ring fenced, housing the biggest and likely oldest tree's, though obviously being a park there's numerous others with very many specimens. there's also a couple of cafe's and children's play ground. all the things you could want from a park.

not always a haven of peace though. I'm sure it has its quiet moments but the couple of times I was in the park I was quite conscious of the traffic noise. being a city park it is bordered by roads, a couple of them major. that said, its a nice place to pop in to escape the hubbub of city life and see some green.

All reviews
"porta venezia"
"playground equipment"
"ibis hotel"
"villa reale"
"merry go round"
in 2 reviews
"the natural history museum"
"public gardens"
in 6 reviews
"benches"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed February 13, 2018

It's a nice park in the city with an historic mansion in it. Even though there is some history to it, I didn't think it was anything amazingly special. It's a nice ordinary city park - nothing amazing.

I saw a lot of joggers, people with dogs, and some homeless guys. The gardens are well maintained, but not super special nice.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We stayed at the nearby Ibis Hotel and strolled through the park walking into the centre of Milan, past all the morning joggers.
The park was nice in January so would be a lovely oasis of calm in the summer months.
There is a lovely fountain as well as many statues, old and new. You can find a statue to the journalist Indro Montanelli whom the park has been renamed after.Nearby are the modern sculptures of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.
There is lots for children to do as well and we saw lots of locals using the park on our visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

The park was situated just five minutes walk from the Ibis hotel where we were staying. As my wife had a business meeting, I decided to visit the park with my two young children. We were pleasantly surprised because the park is pretty extensive and has several playgrounds, a merry-go-round, bumper cars, pedal cars for rent, and lots of statues and grass areas where people were lying down and enjoying the sun. Furthermore there is a cafe where my kids were able to sit enjoy ice creams. We saw people jogging, working out and generally enjoying themselves here. The park has lots of big trees providing plenty of shelter from the strong sun.

Although my wife was not around to enjoy the park, I have decided to bring all the family here when we next visit Milan because the feeling within this park is relaxing.