1,897 results
All reviewsmelia milanlevel roomlotto metro stationvip loungeconvention centersan sironice hotelper daybreakfast buffetlarge roomcentral milanlake comobusiness triphotel is situatedmin walknice breakfastmalpensa airport
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days with friends at club level room. This includes free acces to club lounge with free drinks throughout whole days! Was very nice indeed!! Good services but housekeeping not good enough, they just leave a cold half coffee cup there and did not change for a new clean cup.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
GuestExperienceMilan, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear Kim D,

thank you for sharing your experience at Melia Milano with such enthusiasm.

The Level Lounge is where we spoil our guest and the service is the highest and the most caring. We are happy you felt pampered there.

I thank you also for the note regarding the housekeeping. We will forward this to person in charge in order to keep the high attention every room needs.

I take this chance to invite to come back and spend some more time with us!

Best regards,
Rachele
Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 24 January 2016

My friend and I stayed in Milan over winter break which carried over into New Year's and chose Melia Milano as we had an impeccable experience staying at The Level Melia Barcelona Sky the previous year.

We decided to book an upgraded room (The Level Twin) which included the breakfast buffet in the rate, access to The Level Lounge, the room was more spacious than the standard rooms along with appearing to have been recently updated, and other added perks. For the extra money, I did not find the room to be much of an upgrade and the view from the room was awful. We were also placed on a relatively low level (2).

Staying at many 5 star hotels with breakfast buffets, I did not find this to be the best. I was able to find things but it was not exceptional. They had a station that creates fresh omelettes but that is pretty standard anywhere these days and the mix ins were limited.

The benefit of having access to The Level Lounge is that they provide drinks (including alcoholic beverages in the evenings) and refreshments throughout the day. The refreshment selection was not impressive, mainly just chips and mixed nuts. Sometimes during the day, they had mini salads but the quality of the refreshments along with the selection could be much improved.

In terms of the service, we had a nice welcome that included a tour around the hotel. We were able to go to The Level Lounge whenever we wanted to find more general information in the area and book something. I found the service was not very warm and that whenever I asked questions, the concierge was very short with me and did not genuinely care about my interests as tourist looking to explore Milan.

Although the hotel is away from the center city area and placed within a quiet residential area, it was conveniently within very close walking distance to the Metro which by the end of the week, I became a complete pro in getting around throughout Milan which saved us a ton of money from having to pay taxis.

Another pro which was of importance to me was their fitness center. This was one of the best fitness centers I have come across within a hotel in Europe. It was not huge but had just the right mix of updated/new equipment including various cardio machines, free weights, and weight machines. Every morning I went, I felt like I had my own personal gym to myself as it was always empty. I was able to jumpstart my mornings using their fitness center each day which was a great.

Overall, not a bad stay as it's a fairly nice hotel, I just would not classify it as a 5-star which is my reason for giving a mediocre rating. If I'm booking a 5-star hotel, I expect a 5-star experience and the Melia Milano did not quite live up to the expectations (due to the lackluster service provided and the hotel itself could potentially use some updates) but if you are just looking for a place to stay in Milan, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
GuestExperienceMilan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear stylebymeli,

First of all thank you for sharing with us your experience at Meliá Milano Hotel.

Your feedback has been shared with the Management and Departments, because your opinion is important for us not only to increase the motivation among our staff members but also to help us in improving the quality of the service that we offer to our Guests.

We are sorry we didn't meet completely your expectation during your last stay with us.
We are really happy to read that you loved our gym with its selection of equipments, we would like to inform you that our spa will be renovated in order to create the best place where our guests could pamper their body and mind in a brand new location.

During this occasion we would like to inform you that we will renovate our The Level rooms as well because our aim is to offer you brand new rooms, making you feel at home!

The Meliá Milano was built in 2001 on the site of the old Alemagna cake factory, famous for inventing the panettone (the traditional Christmas cake in Milan). The original building dates back to the 1940s when the experienced Milan baker Gioacchino Alemagna opened the factory in the block of Via Silva, Via Masaccio and Via Montebiancio (with access to the warehouse). For this reason all the rooms could not be able to face Via Masaccio, the main street, and we have some rooms facing the internal parts of the building.
We truly hope that we will have another change to greet you again at the Meliá Milano for the new and enjoyable Experience!

Veronica Roman
e-Guest Experience Department

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with friends: location is good, next to Lotto subway, easy to get taxis, good rate for the quality. We were 3 adults in the room and the extrabed was not as comfortable as the normal beds. The extra towels were already set up, but the minibar (glasses, coffee cup, tea cup, coffee caps) was not filled for the third person. Checkin and checkout with line, Maybe there should be more receptionist during peak hour.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
GuestExperienceMilan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Dear Robertina 7,

We thank you very much for choosing the Melia Milano for your last stay in Milan and for taking the time to share with us your impressions.
We are sorry that the bed was not as comfortable as normal, each comment of our Guests is valuable for us to monitor the high service quality we strive to offer.
All your suggestions are for us so precious, in this way we will improve our service much more!

We are glad that you noticed the advantages of our location, which is actually one of our attractiveness, since the Meliá Milano is close to everything interesting in Milan either for those who come for business or holydays since we are two blocks away from the one of the most important conference centers in Milan, 10 minutes away from the San Siro Stadium and 15 minutes away from the City Center

Guests staying in THE LEVEL rooms enjoy free access to THE LEVEL Lounge at the first floor with private check-in and check-out, full breakfast buffet and 24 hour service of premium brand drinks, sweet and savory snacks, delicious tapas and mixed drinks in an modern and relaxed setting, free daily newspaper, welcome Taylor made gift, 24 hours Gym and the “Relax Circuit” (sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi) at our Wellness Centre.

Best Regards,

Alessia
E-Guest Experience Department

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Rooms and bathrooms a little outdated
Lack of in hotel restaurants and amenities such pool and spa
Breakfast not great choice of buffet and could do better
Close to metro and local area
Overall good hotel with a relaxing Bar

Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
GuestExperienceMilan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Dear Gurmeet18,

Thank you for share with us your Experience at Meliá Milano. We are really sorry that we didn't exceed your expecation during your stay. We would like to inform you that at the Meliá Milano is taking place an Extreme Makeover, our aim is to offer you brand new rooms, making you feel new sensations and emotions !
We hope you will give us once again the oppurtunity to show you the high quality of service we used to offer.

Jessica
e-Guest Experience

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

I was there 2 nights. As an architect with an experience in designing 5 star hotels, I have to say that the room has to be 20 m2 at least and it wasn't, the for is laminate with cost 10euro/m2, the most luxurious thing was some ugly granite in the bathroom with the bud taste of design, and the facilities that has to give to you a 5 star hotel, we're not for free. You have to pay 25 euro each for breakfast, 30 euro each for sauna or jacuzzi, not parking at all etc.
On the other side, the employees there are very friendly, the place is clean, the air conditioning was working properly and we had hot water.
If you really looking for a 5 star hotel, you should pay something more to take what you searching for. If you look for just a hotel to spend the night, this is ok.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
GuestExperienceMilan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Dear ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ Κ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We apologize as we can see that we have not been able to satisfy your expectations during your stay with us.

Our clients’ satisfaction is extremely important for the entire team that’s why we take good note of all of your comments and we shared with our managment in order to improve our service.
We are making a refurbishment in the whole hotel, in order to offer to our customers brand new rooms, and every day we improve with the feedback of our guests. For that reason we hope to have soon another occasion to welcome you again and offer you an unforgettable stay with us.

On your next travel to Milan we would like to invite you to try one of our recently refurbished, THE LEVEL rooms that create the ultimate feeling of comfort and style. They have a King size bed, wood floor, a luxurious bathrobe, slippers, a pillow menu, a flat screen TV, lounge with desk and sofa.

If you want to book the “The Level experience” let us know!

We hope to see you soon for new experience at the Meliá Milano.

Veronica Roman