All reviewsrooftop barbrera neighborhoodharpist playinggreat locationsky terracelive classical musiceco friendly hoteltiramisuwithin walking distancesforza castlerooms are comfortabletop floorwould stay here againeach morningwonderful hotelsuperior roombreakfast included
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed here while in Milan for the Formula One race. We had a fantastic room with a great view and air conditioning! We had breakfast there every morning and we also went to the rooftop garden for drinks. They give you small finger foods with your cocktails. We had plenty of room and walked out just blocks from the duomo. Great stay!!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

this hotel is great. excellent location in the Brera district which is super cool. close to opera, castello, duomo, shopping districts. they made me feel like at home. Riva in guest services, butler, reception staff and room service/bar/restaurant were fantastic. beautiful place. very chic, boutique hotel!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The Milano Scala Hotel is located within walking distance to La Scala opera and the prime shopping in Milan. It’s a great balance of quality and price for this typically expensive area. The hotel is nice with modern upscale rooms that fit the urban boutique hotel experience – interesting lighting, wall graphics and upscale bath with Jacuzzi tub. Service is cordial and the bar area pleasant. There is a roof top bar open in the evenings. Breakfast is fairly standard, no complaints. As we were first leaving the hotel we asked the concierge for directions. She was ready to plan our tour of Milan, but all we need were directions to the hotel down the block. I am sure she would have done a good job. The hotel is also very close to the Brera restaurant zone with several good dining options within walking distance. The hotel prices were very reasonable for the area as mentioned, and left us a little extra cash for the private sales at the designer shops. Don’t be too shy to ask, you can find some great deals on end of season.

Room Tip: we had a street facing room and it was quiet on a weekend
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank viaggiox
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel - great room (we were upgraded when we told them it was our honeymoon), great breakfast, very friendly staff. Evening staff not as knowledgable as those during the day, which meant that we would have liked more/better info on area restaurants and help with reservations during times when we needed it. But overall experience was very good and we would return again.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

This was my second time staying at Hotel Milano Scala. I was unable to take advantage of a lot of its services because I was there for one night for an early morning flight the next day, but the location is within close walking distance of the lovely Brera neighborhood, the Duomo and surrounding tourist attractions (La Scala; Galleria Vittorio Emanuele; shopping) and yet removed from the tourist throngs.

This time around I was in an extremely peaceful and quiet Superior room with a balcony overlooking a courtyard. The room fits a queen size bed, a desk and night-table, with a small entryway with a chair/cushion, but not much bigger than that. In the past I was facing the Via dell'Orso and it was still pretty quiet with very little traffic. The rooms are very clean and the decor reflects exactly what you think it would: La Scala. My room included black and white vintage photos of audience scenes from La Scala and a poster from a production of Salome. Service was quick and efficient. The hotel is very environmentally friendly, and not just in the use and changing of towels and bed linens. Bath products are green and no plastic is used (that I could find).

This hotel, including its general areas, feels like an escape from the city. I'm sure I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are quiet and include a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo