“very expensive”

Price range: US$31 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Description: Typical Apulian restaurant and pizzeria in Milan since 1971.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

not very satisfying pizza in a well decorated restaurant with friendly staffs, very good wine but not recommended tiramisu. Too expensive for such a meal!

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had a lovely evening meal here on our first night in Milan (a Sunday). We were warmly welcomed and given a table outside. I ordered the tomato and mozzarella gnocchi and my partner had the saffron risotto. Both main meals were full of flavour and very enjoyable. We were also given complimentary warm focaccia which was delicious! We finished off with the strawberry pannacotta (the best I have ever had!) and a shot of limoncello. Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

The cuisine which is typical of Puglia, a region in the southeast of Italy, was delicious. I even had the wine from Puglia, and at the end of the meal, was given the aperitif limoncello which is quite popular in Italy. Anyone on business or vacation in Milan needs to add this restaurant to their list.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We wish we could stay an extra night in Milan just to eat again at La Porta Rossa! We went out walking in search of a restaurant and just happened upon this restaurant as they were getting ready to open for the evening. They welcomed us in even though there were no other diners for another half hour at least. What a happy find! The food was outstanding. First they brought a toasted pizza crust-like bread for us to munch on and the bread alone was amazing. My husband ordered the fried fish with veggies, which was all deep-fried in a tempura-like batter that was light and delicious without a trace of oiliness. The assortment of fish included octopus, 2 sizes of shrimp, and what looked like a crayfish. The shrimp was honestly the sweetest, firmest, most delicious tasting shrimp I have ever tried, and it was plentiful. The veggies were also deep fried and very good. I ordered the salmon with lemon sauce and a fennel salad that was unusual and delicious. The salmon was most, tender, and a plentiful portion. Both meals were exceptional. I rarely give 5s for restaurant reviews but La Porta Rossa earns it! They were friendly, efficient, and even helped my husband with his Italian pronunciations! I would come her again without a doubt.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Authentic Italian spot that wouldn't be out of place in Melbourne city. Great pasta (Try the Ragu), nice wine and also serves a good breakfast spot!