All reviews house is beautiful breathtaking views croissants lake maggiore enza taxi meats villa property cheese terrace milan euros
Reviewed 23 July 2018

It is a quiet and cozy place with breathtaking views on Lago Magiore. It is immaculately clean, with an excellent swimming pool, plentiful delicious breakfast, outstanding service and super-friendly staff . We would like to thank Enza and Luigi who made our stay at this hotel very special on our 30th wedding anniversary. My special request was a bouquet of multi-color roses to be presented to my wife over the breakfast on our anniversary date and the flowers were beautiful. Thank you so much for fulfilling this request with a laser-sharp precision! Guendalina was very kind in helping us to reserve our restaurants – thank you so much for this!
Getting here by car is not easy, but at the same time it is much difficult if you don’t drive. You can always call a taxi to get to Stresa, although the prices are un-human. Well, Stresa is a resort town after all. The hotel personnel was promoting Marco as a taxi driver and we used him on a few occasions. Marco had an excellent English and was very helpful and patient answering our endless questions. We can recommend his services.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I Reserved all the rooms in this villa for the weekend with all my friends from Sweden.

I never seen something like this. The property is amazing, the view - you can’t even speak about it. The service is perfect and also the cleaning is extraordinary. And to not speak about the owner Signora Gwendalina very classy woman. You made my vacation be seen not from a touristic eyes. She sent us to best places for visit and also the best restaurants with experiences.

Next year I also reserved all the rooms for two weeks, also because the price is very low for this kind of service you get.
I could also tell that last year I went to other 5 stare hotel in stresa, that is not in this kind of class.

Thank you Gwendlina for doing my vacation amazing and to host me also in your other luxury b&b in Luini 8 in Milano.

Thanks again and we meet next year!
Kiss

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Tucked away on a hill side in Stresa and overlooking the Lake Maggiore with stunning views we were impressed by the property. The attention to detail is amazing and the wonderful couple (Enza and Luigi) who take care of the property on behalf of the owner go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Always there to provide an espresso and cakes while you are enjoying the spectacular views from the beautifully appointed terrace on which you can also enjoy the sumptious breakfast served in the morning.

In a nutshell: we highly recommend this superb location

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

La Volpa Dorata is located on the side of a mountain overlooking Lake Maggiore, the views were spectacular and we received a warm welcome from Luigi and Enza, even though we speak no Italian they try very hard to meet all your needs. The villa is decorated in a traditional style and Madame is clearly a lady who loves art, which we appreciated. Our room was on the small side however it was very clean and had excellent air conditioning. Breakfast was served on the terrace and consisted of juice, fresh fruit salad, natural yoghurt, muesli, bread rolls, meats and cheese and croissants. Enza had also baked a delicious looking apple pie one morning which smelt divine. The villa has a small pool which was a welcome addition after a morning of sightseeing, chilling here was such a pleasure as you relaxed taking in the views. We had no car and so walked into Stresa one evening, approx 25 minutes. If you don't like walking up hills I would advise a taxi which ranged from 10 to 15 euros. I would definitely stay here again if we visited in future.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I've just come back from a short stay at the Volpe Dorata. It's in a beautiful setting (slightly out of the centre of Stresa), overlooking a lake. The building itself is very attractive, the breakfasts are exceptionally good - beautifully presented and good quality food - natural muesli, yoghurt, fruit salad, cake, croissants, bread/toast, jams, cheese, meats..... (I looked forward to getting up in the morning, to enjoy the breakfast. Large hotels might offer more items, but the quality at the Volpe Dorata was much better.) Eating breakfast on the balcony made me feel I was really on holiday.

The housekeepers Enza and Luigi were so welcoming and friendly throughout my stay. They clearly want all guests to be happy at the Volpe Dorata and they are such kind and genuine people. For example, they made me a lovely cup of tea and chatted to me when there was a thunderstorm (as they knew I don't like thunderstorms). The owner was away during my visit, and Enza and Luigi speak Italian (and let me practise my basic Italian - thanks for this opportunity) but even if you don't speak Italian, it's not a problem, as Enza and Luigi do make an effort to communicate with you. (I imagine that Madame speaks good English, though I didn't get to meet her.)

I walked into Stresa a couple of times - maybe 20 minutes, a pleasant walk through a small wood (initially), if I remember correctly, past other properties, but do wear comfortable shoes. I always got a taxi back, which cost about 11 euros, and negotiates some hairpin bends! If you are driving yourself, just be aware of this.

I would happily stay here again, to see the lovely Enza and Luigi once more.

By the way, if you do need to get a taxi and you are in the centre of Stresa, the taxi number is written on a board in the car park near the main boat departure point. Don't just wait for a taxi to come, phone the company and they'll send a car. All of the drivers I used knew the Volpe Dorata.

I recommend the Volpe Dorata, if you want to stay somewhere special and personal.

Date of stay: May 2018