“Excellent”

Maggiore Discovery Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 11 Tours in Stresa
More attraction details
Owner description: We believe in enjoying and exploring the area that you have holidayed to. So many excursions these days take you away from where you are staying meaning that you miss out on the history, culture and nature which can be found right on your holiday doorstep. Having fallen in love with the lake many summers ago we realised the wealth of exciting places, of beautiful sites and of fascinating history that are only a boat ride away. All you need to do is sit back relax.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

What a great tour guide Fabri is. If you want not only a great, polite, and caring tour guide but also a friend please email Fabri. Amazing personality and great to be with and he will cater to everything you would like in a tour. He is amazing and one of the best tour guides I have ever met, granted I travel a lot and I see lots of tour guides.

1  Thank ankeen

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I just recently had the pleasure of spending a day with Fabri, owner of Maggiore Discovery Tours. It was a wonderful day. Fabri picked us up at our hoten in Stressa. From there we spent the day going to St. Catarina which was stunning.....an adorable little village high up in the mountains to see frescos painted on the village walls...plenty of time for lunch on the lake...and ferried back to Stressa. Fabri is not only knowledgable and interesting....he is fun to be with for the day. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with him and had we been there another day we probably would have booked another tour with him. He even took extra time to meet us when we got off our ferry at the end of the tour (he had driven back and did not have to meet us by any means)...to make sure we got off and back to our meeting place ok. Book with Fabri...you won't regret it.

3  Thank LIPSTICKLOULI
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We hired Fabri Anton to tour us by car from our hotel in Stresa to our hotel in Bellagio, Lake Como. He also took us two days later from our hotel in Bellagio to our hotel in Milan. I thought his services were well worth it, in terms of avoiding the hassle of dealing with train connections between Maggiore and Bellagio, plus the ferry and getting around in Bellagio which is no small thing. Fabri's prices were competitive, he is easy to get in touch with on the internet, he speaks excellent English and several other languages and was very friendly and information. We highly recommend his services.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were staying in Cannero which is an extremely quiet resort on Lake Maggiore so we booked some excursions in advance.
Our first was to Lake Orta and we were due to be picked up at 8.10 in the morning as we were quite a way out of Stressa where the tour normally starts from. We had an early breakfast and i mentioned to reception that we were expecting a taxi and told here where we could be found if it arrived early. Ten minutes later she came with a note saying that Fabri had phoned to say that his driver had had an accident that morning so he would have to cancel our tour. No problem - these things happen.
We had arranged for a taxi through Maggiore Discovery. For the following day to take us into Stressa and Fabri had offered to do it at a very good price - 50% of what it would have cost so we were pleased to get such a discount. The taxi arrive on time the next day and we had no problems with the collection or the return pick up.
We were due to have the second of out pre arranged tours the following day so got up again nice and early and had an early breakfast and were ready waiting outside at our agreed time. We couldn't believe it when the guy from reception came out to tell us that they had phoned again but hung up when he offered to get us to the phone. We gave it another half an hour in case it had been a traffic problem but then gave up waiting. Fabri and I had been communicating by email, text and phone so there was absolutely no excuse for not letting us know what was happening. We had rearranged our first cancelled excursion for the following day but had no desire to be stood up again so i emailed and texted to tell Fabri we were cancelling.
We heard nothing from him for the rest of the day until we were just freshening up before dinner when the phone rang in the room and it was Fabri wanting to apologise in person. We were not ready to go down so we accepted his apology over the phone.
Half an hour later there was a knock on the door and we were given a bottle of Prosecco with a hand written note apologising for all the problems and telling us that the taxi trip into Stressa would not be charged for and that the trip due the following day would be certain to go ahead. He did explain that he had never had to let anybody down like this before and it did come across that he was very distraught that he had let us down so badly. I can only assume that we were the victim of circumstance but we declined his offer for the following day - just in case.
We had intended on this being a really chilled out, relaxing break as I am recovering from some health issues so we weren't too disappointed to cancel the trips out as we just stayed in Cannero and chilled out which was fine.
Let's hope it was just a one off!

1  Thank Duffer56
Director O, Owner at Maggiore Discovery Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Carol.

Thank you for your review. Such a shame we never gotthe chance to meet personally during your stay.
There are a few little details there that I would like to clarify for the benefit of people reading this review.

1) I as never given the choice by reception to talk o you on the day, if I did, I would have certainly not hung up (why would I do such thing, when I actually came personally to see you later on).
During my phone conversation with reception (it was a very rude gentleman who I spoke to, unlike the two very polite ladies that were working on the evening of my visit), I asked 3 times to be put through to you and he declined. It was him who hung up on me. I texted you to inform you of this, while the bus was picking passengers up for the tour, but as it was not mentioned in your review, I can only assume now, that you did not get this message.

2) I asked him to kindly book you both in a taxi to Stresa to join the tour(we were till in time to get you there), as due to the Luino Market taking place that day, the traffic towards Cannero was standing still, and our driver was caught on that traffic. The reception man, shouting at me on the phone, once again refuse to help, which in turn meant we could not get you to join us.

3) I was on that tour, hence why I could not contact you during the day, and why I visited you personally in the evening.

As the comments in here show, we are all about customer satisfaction, and have been delivering unique experiences for a while now.

And I am sorry, we failed to deliver them for you. Your case, as I stated in my note, and you have kindly written here, is an exception and not the norm.
If you ever visit Lake Maggiore again, my offer to you still stands.
Hope you have enjoyed your visit to the Lake, and tat you have a speedy recovery.