Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Interesting and Informative!

Max at the Academia Cremonensis recommended we stop and visit this shop. The shop, La Bottega... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2018
Maggi713
Baltimore, Maryland
Awesome experience

Reviewed 30 October 2015
746maxl

All reviews no idea violin museum lucchi daughter brazil wood marta bow giovanni shop highlights process master craft maker
Reviewed 30 October 2015

After visiting the violin museum, I decided to visit this bow maker due to the great reviews it received and boy this experience became one of the highlights of my stay in Cremona.
The bow shop is now run by master Lucchi's daughter, I think her name is Maria.
We spent a lot of time talking, probably about an hour, talking about things from how bow are made, the wood, the lucchi measurement to the school of bow making nearby. She was very friend and eager to explain.
Then she let me play some of the lucchi bows on her violin made in 1791. I forgot the name of the maker. OMG! it is the best violin/bow combinations that I have ever played before. The G string is so deep and full, the sound just touched the bottom of my heart. Yet, the high notes just sings like a bird.
When I was ready to leave, she gave me a book on the history of the making of the lucchi bow.
I highly recommend to visit this shop if you play the instrument and you happen to be in the area.

2  Thank 746maxl
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Marta, the daughter of bow making master Lucchi, was very informative and enthusiastic about the work that her father did. We also learned of the efforts to maintain the quality of the bow making. Highly recommend stopping here.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

This little shop is definitely worth a visit if you're interested in violins. The shop specializes in bows, and the owner, who is the daughter of the late Maestro Giovanni Lucchi, will tell you all about her father's art: crafting bows for string instruments. She allowed my husband, who plays the violin, to test out two bows on a violin in the shop. We were very appreciative of this and impressed with the quality of the bows.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We had a wonderful visit with Massimo Lucchi where he taught us not only about bowmaking, but wood, hair and sound. My daughter (a college violin major) then had the chance to play different bows for nearly an hour. Needless to say, she would love to own a Lucchi bow someday!

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 19 June 2015

Although we arrived at the shop near closing time, the proprietor welcomed us in chatted to us for way past closing time about bow-making, the Lucchi School of Bow-Making (which his father founded), and Cremona in general. A thoroughly enjoyable and informative visit. Thank you so much.