“Great dinner”
Review of Parlor

Parlor
Reserve with
Parlor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,073 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Description: PARLOR is a restaurant and cocktail bar, an atypical foodie lounge intentionally hidden underneath one of the characteristic arcades of Bologna (the so-called “portici”), at walking distance from the Two Towers and the seven churches that dominate what is, perhaps, the most beautiful square of the city.
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant, great service, excellent food. And very reasonably priced! Highly recommended! Offers outdoor sitting too.

1  Thank ShareMyExperience

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We were looking forward to this meal on our last night of our trip but unfortunately we left feeling that we had gate-crashed the place and were not really wanted.

I can speak some Italian so I can translate most menu's but here I needed some help and I'm not sure if that was the start of the trouble. I asked for some help and then 10 minutes later the manager arrived who helped translate everything.

Orders were then placed.

Our wine turned up with no ice bucket....rather essential in this heat....and I was treated to a look of disbelief when I tried to ask for one. Again the manager had to step in another 10 minutes later.

The food was mixed. I started with a ragu bianca which was good but the coteletto was as tough as old boots. In fact I could not eat it. My partner has an egg/spinach starter that was bland followed by tortellini in brodo which was good.

When we said we didn't want desserts we were then ignored and it took me 15 mins to get the bill. This is not a large restaurant so only when we got up and motioned to walk away did it turn up.

3  Thank BiggsySnr
Reviewed 1 July 2018

It is a little bit of a challenge to find this restaurant down many back streets, but hubby had done his research and we had a decent map! We were seated outside and were looked after very well. The staff were attentive, friendly and not at all pushy, in a word perfect. The food , when it came was faultless, my OH had fish for both courses which he declared to be excellent, I had a started of the tagliatelle with ragu, which I had heard was their speciality, it was very tast, I chose the veal for the mail but was defeated by the portion size! It was good but my choice to two meat meals was overly ambitious. We shared a delicious mango ricotta dessert. All in all a great , relaxed evening ?

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Booked here based on reviews and didn’t disappoint. We sat outside and had an excellent meal and watched the world go by. Booked in advance and they had our booking when we arrived. Went on Tuesday evening and it was full of a mix of locals and tourists by 9pm
Great Italian classics with modern twists.
Very attentive staff

1  Thank tomhX3234VY
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Tucked away on the Via Cartleria, this restaurant is an absolute gem.

My wife is a Coeliac and the day before booking we met the chef to talk through gluten-free options; he was so helpful.

The raw donkey starter was surprisingly tasty, but the monkfish was absolutely delicious, accompanied by a local white wine.

A very pleasant evening, and would visit again.

1  Thank Andrew N