All reviews opposite the railway station one night milan croatia ferry bathroom
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I was only there for one night, coming off the ferry from Croatia. I arrived at 8.30am, far too early for check in, but was given a room straight away by very friendly lady who could see that I was very tired. It was an upgrade to a double too, from my booked single room. It was very clean, slightly iffy wifi, but I was too tired to bother with it anyway.Spotless ensuite, with very good shower. I had a little amble around Ancona in the late afternoon, and found it to be a pleasant city, with a lovely old centre, which I guess a lot of people miss. I was taking the train to Milan the next day, so the location was perfect, right opposite the railway station, which, incidentally has a very good self service restaurant, good cooked food for a fraction of the prices in restaurants, and when I was there, a whole load of railway workers came in off shift to eat, which I took as a very good sign

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Basic, well worn but clean rooms, while the location is not the most scenic it is ideal for late arrival or early departures as the station is across the road, they also offer a good breakfast with a early start and there are a couple of restaurants near by. While it is not a ideal base for a long-term stay it is worth a one night stay.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2016

This was a clean, centrally located hotel. It was a short walk to the port and to downtown. The staff although their english was limited were very friendly. The room and bathroom were simple but very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank shauna2328
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I have just spent a night at this hotel. It is moreorless opposite the railway station, slightly to the right as you stand with your back to the station. It is a two star hotel, therefore I was not particularly dismayed by the very meagre breakfast. I phoned up from England a few months ago to book a double room with single occupancy. I was a bit worried at the time to be told that we didn't need to confirm the booking by email. I did, however, email a few days before my arrival to confirm that I was still coming. I received a reply by return - always a good sign in my book. I was greeted by Valentina, the receptionist that had taken my original phone call and replied to my email. She is a delight - polite, friendly, efficient, reliable. I can't vouch for her English as I always used Italian with her. On my way to my room there was a reassuring smell of disinfectant around! My room and private bathroom were spotless. The television, on a small table with a chair, in perfect working order. No frills; a few sachets and small bars of soap in the bathroom. My room, no 22 on the third floor, overlooks the main road. Because there is no air conditioning and the weather is hot at the moment, I had to keep the windows open all the time. This means that it is noisy from the traffic, but if you wear ear plugs and are tired enough, it's not a big deal. Conveniently, there is a cheap restaurant attached to the hotel; not particularly good, but fine for the money. The airport bus stop is moreorless opposite the hotel. This morning a very pleasant young man made my coffee in the breakfast area. All in all, I thoroughly recommend this hotel to the budget traveller.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2016

the room was less than basic. there was a problem was the toilet. the wifi doesn't work probably. we had very basic breakfast. and it was very tiny dinning room. but the people there were friendly and it was clean.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo