“Great experience!”
Review of Spirito Divino

Spirito Divino
Reserve with
Spirito Divino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #658 of 13,551 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$32 - US$78
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great food.. Great atmosphere. Great hospitality!! very interesting history of the building. Felt more like be invited by friends than eating at a restaurant.

1  Thank Jónas G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

If you’re after a mix of fine dining at very fair prices then this is the place for you.

For starter, I went for the chicken liver pate which was stunning. Easily one of the best I’ve ever tried.

Followed by a take on Spaghetti Carbonara (can’t remember the name on the menu) which was yet again quite magnificent and definitely the best carbonara I’ve ever had in my life.

Now to dessert, creme brûlée need I say more? So deliciously creamy and rich - you must choose this as your finishing piece at quite simply a fine restaurant.

The owner of the restaurant was extremely welcoming and told me very detailed stories of the buildings history and also the wine cellar (which you’re able to visit) what is over 1000 years old.

A must visit in Rome, chow!

1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Disappointing experience. The owner took great pride in explaining the history of the building. However this was not matched by the food or service. Too many people arrived all at once (all British). Starters OK. Main course tiny. Two of us had venison casserole, one the pork which was the house speciality. The pork was cold. The steak that was ordered medium rare looked completely uncooked. No vegetables arrived after specifically requesting. Service poor and expensive for what we received.

1  Thank ianmb2015
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The food and the service were terrible. We waited an hour for our food and it was terrible. The worst part was they never came back to ask how our food was despite my steak was not even cooked. Never visit this restaurant unless you want to feel like you have been scammed.

2  Thank kindracpa
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife and I visited Rome during the off season (mid-January). Many of the oldest restaurants in Rome and Trastevere were closed pushing us down our list. I turned back to Trip Advisor, yelp, google, etc for more suggestions. Finally, I stumbled up on Spirito di Vino. Romeo, the owner, greeted us with incredible warmth. His family has been in Rome for over 550 years. He shared stories with us of the history, and made excellent wine recommendations. For us (USD), this experience was of unbelievable value for our trip. I have marked this in my favorites on Google maps and will always recommend this place to friends traveling to Rome.
The dining room is of a 'fine-dining' feel however unpretentious. Anything above a simple t-shirt will be fine.