“Popular with locals”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Testaccio
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to have dinner here by our local tour guide who grew up in Rome for traditional Roman cuisine. It’s been open for over 100 years and it appeared to be quite popular with the locals. The artichoke, lamb chops and gnocchi w/ref sauce were the highlights. We found the three pasta dishes to be average at best vs. what we have eaten the last few nights. Very good service and they spoke english well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great food, bustling restaurant, attentive staff altogether a fantastic experience. The main dish of lamb was succulent, artichoke sidedish was also highly recommended and did not disappoint in the slightest way and the dessert of panna cotta is to die for. Will be back for sure next time I am in Rome.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I asked my hotel for recommendations and they said Perilli is a long standing favorite. They made a reservation for me which I highly recommend as this place gets busy quickly. I enjoyed traditional Italian food and good wine. I may have been the only individual eating but was surrounded by tables of business men, families and locals. The food was good and the waiter worked with me in multiple languages. I give them four stars.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Delish food at reasonable prices. The contorni (both the broccoli and the zucchini disappeared in about 30 seconds which was remarkable given that one teenaged boy has always refused to eat it...he’s now a broccoli covert). Carbonara tasty but didn’t love the Cacio Pepe.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Four years ago on Valentines Day I proposed to my fiancée in this Trattoria after the most amazing carbonara and tiramisu! We’ve returned to Rome another two times and always eat here at least once per trip. The food is delicious and the staff are just brilliant. This year we took the inlaws to eat here. They loved it too. Highly recommended to anyone visiting this beautiful city.

1  Thank Thomas S

Been to Trattoria Perilli? Share your experiences!