Hotel Trecento
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$437
Hotels.com
US$271
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia del corsobreakfast is servedlighting systemrain showerheart of romehuge tvtrevi fountainreception areagreat bedspent two nightseach morningair conbrilliant locationenjoyed my stayfantastic staysmall hotelnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2018

As you will see from pictures this hotel is a little different than the norm, as a tech geek I was keen to see how well it functioned.

Let me start with the positive, the hotel was very clean, the location was excellent, you could walk to just about anywhere, the staff were absolutely first class, super friendly, extremely helpful, the most friendly people I met in Rome, could not ask for more.

Breakfast was good, we are vegetarian so they gave us everything they could, and if we needed more we only need ask, super accomodating.

I saw somebody complained about the lift in another review, personally we loved it, an old small lift with wooden folding doors, full of character that suited the building.

Good sized shower with LED lighting in the water and a big rain shower, very nice!

Huge TV with free Netflix was nice to kick back and relax with a movie in the evening.

We were actually there to celebrate my wifes birthday which was a little time after she had been extremely ill and spent time in a coma, after I told the staff about it, we came back one night to find rose petals and Processco in the room with a little message of good luck, they didn't have to do that and it's a testiment to how much they care about their customers.

The room is a little high tech, the lights are controlled by lightly touching a disk on the wall (three of them), after 6 days there we just could not seem to get it right, you'd be turning lights on when you want them off, changing the colour of the room, putting the lights on but the bathroom stayed on, the bathroom was a bit of a problem if you walk into it at night the light comes on automatically (most of the time) in one of the colours, but try to turn it off, good luck with that, no way could we figure it out, and there's the fear I'll put it on bright light and wake up the wife.

The heating was a problem day one, I set it using the xbox, but it would not reach temperature, apparently it is also centrally monitored off premises and even when the staff tried to override it from their main control panel it would reset and the room would get cold. After a day or so of bringing it to their attention we finally got some heat, but we did struggle to control it to the temp we actually wanted. Problem two is if you feel you need to adjust the heat in the middle of the night you have to put the TV on, boot up the xbox, go through some mentu's if you can remember where the setting is, and then adjust, without waking up the wife, not possible.

As a tech geek I appreciate what they are trying to do, and it's cool, but sometimes simplicity will win over, and a simple room thermostat would be a big improvement, and maybe some instructions in the room to stand a chance with the lighting.

Noise is a challenge it appears there are not many main roads through the area, and I can only presume there is a hospital nearby, there was a constant flow of ambulances or police going up and down with their horns on constant and sirens going, as a light sleeper I struggled, I had to use ear plugs which solved the problem, it is a city and it's the same in London and NY, but I think this are takes more than its fare share of sound.

Overall, great hotel, good value for money, wonderful helpful staff, if you are ok with noise or don't mind wearing ear plugs I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the bottom of the corridoor which will be quieter, although you'll have to put up with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Great staff and great location. Very modern and convenient room with nice breakfast served in the room. Near piaca Venecia and a short walk to Colosseum, Piaca Navone and Trevi fountain. Also a lot of restaurants. Old building and old but convenient lift. It is a boutique small hotel

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Stayed 2 nights in a brilliant location for walking and restaurants. Very chic style with great size rooms and modern design in an old building with a great lift. Staff were excellent and very friendly with advice and conversation. Breakfasts was perfect even tried to accommodate Gluten Free.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Brilliant location, very modern room and very friendly staff. We stayed 3 nights and would happily return, great value for what you get. It does get a little noisy from the traffic but that's too be expected in a city centre. Breakfast was lovely and is delivered at a time of your choosing, and the staff go over and above to ensure you are enjoying your stay.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Stayed her for 3 nights. Couldn't believe luck with the location.Only a hsort walk to Trevi fountain and restaurants and Colosseum. The vatican only cost €10 in taxi too.
Room was a new experience with the different colour lights and the Xbox controlling air con and huge tv. The air con was huge for me in really hot weather and it was noiseless. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and breakfast is delivered to the bedroom which is nice.
Really enjoyed my stay here and will be recommending to friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple