“Eat here! Take a cab though!”
Review of Antico Arco

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Antico Arco was the best meal we had in Rome, and we ate pretty danged well while we were here. Fantastic service, great vibe and the food was just amazing. However, you should know that Google maps may suggest you take the 3 tram from Trastavere and walk from there. Just so you know, that walk from Trastavere is straight uphill and you will be sweaty and bedraggled when you get there. Antico Arco isn't cheap so you might as well spring for a cab, or maybe try to find a bus line that actually runs to that part of town.

1  Thank Aaron K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Located up on a Hill it was a great escape from the worst of the hectic and touristic neighbourhood of travestere. We had a great and light 5 course meal during the afternoon. Can warmly recommend this restaurant! And I’m quite conservative with my “5’s”.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We booked here for our first night in room. It exceeded my expectations. We both tried the taster menu and it was worth the price. It was wonderful to be able to try so many Italian dishes. The staff were very friendly too. We walked to the restaurant from the piazza navona area. It took about 40mins...but we did keep stopping to take photos. The walk was beautiful. And Italy felt so safe walking back at night too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Inventive take on traditional Roman cuisine along with some novel dishes. We were a party of six and everyone was wowed by their food. The black truffle carbonara, barolo reduction over mushroom risotto and buffalo milk ricotta cheese with black truffle and lentil cream were some of the highlights. The service was also outstanding, as was the wine list.

1  Thank NYC-Roc
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My partner first discovered this restaurant back in August on our first trip to Rome thanks to Tripadvisor. What with his favourite dish being Carbonara and myself being a big fan of it myself we couldn’t resist ordering and OH MY is it good. Hands down the best Carbonara I have ever eaten in Rome and life in general, I keep looking for better, it’s impossible. If you’re a Carbonara fan this will blow your mind. Please don’t make the same mistake we made in August by ordering starters, pasta and a main, it’s a lot of food, delicious none the less, but a lot. A light starter and pasta is all you need. I’m pretty sure anything you order from Antico Arco would be amazing, but we’d both been having dreams about this Carbonara since August so couldn’t resist ordering again this time around! AMAZING!!! If there’s one place I could recommend for your visit to Rome it’s this place. The service is impeccable, very friendly and incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. The decor is PERFECT the type of place you’d never feel over dressed or under dressed and wine selection is great, but most importantly the Carbonara!

1  Thank Jess C

Been to Antico Arco? Share your experiences!