“Simply amazing bread!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Parione
Description: The love for the white art and the bread making is a family trait. Several artisans' generations put their experience and creativity to the service of Antico Forno Roscioli's customers. Today the not easy task of satisfying every day Romans' taste (and not only Romans') is entrusted to Pierluigi and Alessandro: they have to carry the "baton" through simple and authentic rituals, like baking bread every morning, listening to our customers' demands and stories, giving them a smile and a sincere hello. Our secret? ...Maybe it's in our philosophy, in considering our job not actually like a job, but as a real art.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

On our second day in Rome I bought bread, seems like pan di kamut, pizza and roll with raisins. Honestly, I did not like pizza and roll at all, but bread was really delicious. Since portion was big, it lasted 3 days and did not loose its taste or crunchiness. So, on my second visit I bought again bread, this time with nuts, I have not had such delicious bread in my life! I love bread, always try to look for something new in boulangeries in Paris but this Roscioli bread is for me a winner! Hope will be able to enjoy their bread some time in future as well.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank tina b
Write a reviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed 26 October 2020

I did not use the restaurant but I went to the shop and bought load of goodies as gifts for family. One of the things I paid for was a chocolate panettoni that they sell by weight. The shop was my last stop before I took the flight home and I just packed my goodies without checking the bag. On arriving at home, I found out that they did not put the panettoni in my bag. I contacted the store on line to let them know about the mistake but they did not even respond back to me to apologise, leave alone give me my money back. Very disappointing!

Date of visit: October 2020
803pierluigir, Proprietario at Antico Forno Roscioli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Dear Fauzia,

We are really sorry about that mistake, but we didn't recive your email, so we couldn't answer you.

If you give us your address we can send you the panettone.
Can you write us your address at info@anticofornoroscioli.it?

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

We had a pizza and they were soooo delicious!!! It’s thin and very crispy! The topping is fresh and tasty. Recommend it to everyone!!!

2  Thank Sonadine
Reviewed 6 October 2020

This is a traditional bakery that has the most amazing thin crust pizza and filled focaccia sandwiches in the traditional style. Their pizza rossa is sublime and the mushroom pizza delicious too. Sold by weight, everything we tried, including rich unctuous arancini (Deep fried cheesy and tomatoey rice balls) and panettone, was delicious. There are a few tables and stools if you're lucky enough to grab them, and the staff a delightful. There was one staff member organising and limiting the number of people in the shop, hand sanitiser available, and i highly recommend a visit to this bakery over the deli/restaurant of the same name around the corner - this offers far better value for money.

3  Thank adamkR2149CT
Reviewed 2 September 2020 via mobile

Antico Forno Roscioli was one of the highlights of our trip. Locals and tourist patiently wait in line to taste one of the perfect products of this bakery. You can just taste the decades of tradition in their pizzas and the rest of their products. They do not only sell pizzas, which are cut in exactly the size you like, they also sell a variety other snacks in the front of the bakery. Make sure to also try their pastries and bread. Everything is just delicious.

Date of visit: August 2020