“Nice n local Bar...”

Bar i tigli
Ranked #4,649 of 13,954 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

2 times we have dinner in here. I thought it is caffe braccio... I just realise it is in trip advisor as Bar i tigli.. I love pasta n spageti.. If u stay in hotel casa tra noi, u must try have dinner in this bar. Very Recommended.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Okay this place is clearly a great local coffee and breakfast place. We walked by it the other day and it was packed with locals at 10:00 AM in the morning.

So after a long day of walking around Rome we wanted something close to our room.

The spaghetti carbonara and ravioli with tomato sauce were simple but tasty but the staff were simply over worked and tired. The table was dirty and there was no attempt to clean it until we were clearly going to eat dinner. The evening crowd was also almost exclusively smokers and while this is not a problem for me typically it was as the outside area retained the smoke which hung over the area somehow.

The waiter was nice and friendly but never came back and checked on us ever after delivering our food. He looked exhausted and I understand but this is why I can only give three stars.

Considering its limitations I might still go back for dinner when I'm tired but even nice food would've get my wife to do so.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

One who has visited the eternal city more than once knows places offering good food and drinks at a reasonable price tend to hide whilst myriads of cuttrhoats are surrounding swarms of tourists with their dishonest game. So you can always tell a mere tourist from a local or a well versed expat by their navigational skills when it comes to landing in the right spot for meals and drinks. Distinguishing the authentic local businesses from the con jobs will save you 100 to 200% on the prices and significantly increase the quality of coffee, panini and dolci you will get.

BAR I TIGLI is one of the very authentic places, where Italians tend to have their morning coffee and chat or some sweet pastries in the morning, freshly made panini with mozzarella cheese, slices of mortadella, italian ham and ruccola around midday or hot dishes and drinks as soon as the sun has set.

Located in a mixed neighbourhood (Monte Del Gallo) in the ultimate proximity of St. Pietro and the Vatican City where you can find residential buildings, private homes and rental places for tourists and small hotels side by side, the BAR I TIGLI is swarming with locals, expats and the rather grown up breed of tourists (no traveling groups with cameras) without ever being too crowded to find a table on the cozy veranda to enjoy your coffee. Locals do not tend to take a seat whilst having their morning coffee anyway.

You will get fresh food and great coffee for small coin, the genuinely warm and welcoming owners and staff are not even remotely as sleazy as the con artists from the main places in the city center and the authentic italian coffeeshop experience beyond the modest price for whatever you will order is entirely free.

Do not expect the place to be lavishly furnished, because (here I allow myself to quote a local friend) "if restaurants tempt you with too much Eye candy and a nice tablecloth you can tell it is a place for tourists only. The authentic places are laid back, humble and basic in appearance, because the important essentials - food and drinks - are the quality they entirely focus on".

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We had great pasta at this 'off the beaten track' local restaurant on our first night. The waiter was friendly and attentive, recommending a great local beer which I drank for the rest of my holiday. Cheers!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We were staying in an apartment close to this bar and we ended up stopping in every morning for a coffee. It really was the best coffee we had our entire stay in Rome.
The panini's were made fresh every day and tasted that way. And the pastries!! Yum
The dinner menu was mostly pastas and the price was extremely reasonable. We tried the spaghetti, tortellini, cabonara and lasange and all were fresh and delicious.
Drinks are also very, very reasonably priced.
The atmosphere is warm, friendly and welcoming.
A must visit at night when the locals visit and you can submerse yourself in the Italian experience.
Cannot recommend enough!!