“Very Informative..great for skipping the lines at main attractions”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Roma with Marco Tours
Ranked #592 of 874 Tours in Rome
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Marco picked us up at our hotel (be on time he does not like lateness) and immediately took us to the Pantheon, where we were literally one of two other couples, so we had the place to ourselves, which was nice. After that we went to the Vatican tour... the lines to get in, even early in the morning, were incredible, but with Marco we got in immediately. This is nothing to do with Marco, but we were basically herded through like cattle. I guess with the number of people coming to see it daily there is no choice but to rush you through, still I would have liked more time to absorb the history. After that we went to the Sabastiano catacombs, which were incredible, I truly enjoyed seeing and hearing all about the history and of course it was more relaxing than the Vatican.

Later we went for a leisurely lunch in an out of the way place with seating located outside under beautiful trees. After that we were off to the Colosseum where Marco left us, as he did not go into the sites, but rather stays on the peripheral while you do the tour, since most of the places have inside guides.

Unfortunately, we left our tickets in the car and by the time we realized it Marco was gone so we did not go into the Colosseum (I did not want to pay for two more tickets).

All and all Marco is incredibly knowledgeable and if you really want to see the main attractions without waiting on those lines (one line can blow half your day) it is worth the money to book a tour. Warning: it is not cheap.

Reviewed 1 November 2014 via mobile

If you are on a tight timeframe and want to see the key sights of Rome in a day, Marco (with the red shoes) is your guy. He helped us avoid all lines, dodge traffic effortlessly, and overall expedited the logistics so we could see more in one day than we ever could have on our own. The Pantheon at early morning was perfect. We virtually had it to ourselves. The Vatican tour was efficient. The trade-off was ease of getting thru the crowds, in exchange for depth of information. But we saw all the main highlights in under two hours. The San Sabastiano catacombs visit was interesting, (which was a quick change of plans due to traffic) and we felt we had plenty of time to explore the Colosseum...all in a day! I would especially consider Marco if you're traveling with teenagers or others with short attention spans. Marco knows his city and sites, keeps the ball moving and makes for a fun, enlightening day in Roma.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family had a wonderful time with Marco during our two day tour of Rome in July. Marco has a passion for his career which clearly shines through, making for an informational and enjoyable tour. We learned quite a bit about Rome while laughing our way through the two days. Marco is very engaging and has a great personality which allowed him to connect individually with all four members of our family. I was somewhat reluctant to book a tour as I'm a cheapskate and hate to part with my money (my wife will confirm…). But this was money well spent. We saw and learned much more than we ever would have on our own. Top notch!! We're very glad we chose Marco to spend time with in Rome!! And if Marco ever made his way out to Colorado, we'd welcome like an old friend!!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

our cruise ended abruptly (Royal Princess) in Naples and we were bussed to Rome to stay for 3 days before flying home. We had a tour booked with Marco on a Wed which was cancelled but he was able to do the tour on the Friday instead. Marco picked us up at the Sheraton Hotel near the airport. We had a great tour, saw a lot of amazing sights and enjoyed Marco's sense of humour. We saw the "key hole" which was amazing. We had lunch a a real neat restaurant, can't remember the name but the food was great. Marco had on sunglass video camera and gave them to my husband to record a bit of our tour, we are on the home page of his website! We have booked another tour with Marco foer Sept 2014.

1  Thank Heyman5060
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a wonderful experience with Marco in Rome. I am in the travel business and my office has used Marco's expertise for many years. We were met at our cruise ship just steps away from where we disembarked. We hit so many highlights, the Colliseum, Pantheon, Trevi fountain, the Vatican with a personal tour guide and the hidden jewel 'the keyhole'. So much and so little time when you have just one day in Rome. But I absolutely would book Marco for our next trip to Rome. You know I am coming back , I threw two coins in the Trevi fountain :)

1  Thank PJWalker26