1,103 results
All reviews spanish steps classic suite boutique hotel great location nespresso machine rooftop terrace piazza del popolo de russie deluxe room heart of rome within walking distance street noise rooms are large villa borghese breakfast area special thanks sister hotel
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

His hotel is clean modern and very well located just by piazza popolo. The service is good and very friendly.

Our only gripe is that the room has no light and has a view on to a wall. I booked a superior double so would have thought we would have had a better view.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank GlobtrotterLondon
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear GlobtrotterLondon,

Thank you for the review on Babuino 181.

I’m pleased you enjoyed our central location, clean rooms and friendly staff. It turns out that the rooms in the back are sought after by some clients because they are so quiet. I hope you will return again and we’ll make sure you get one of our rooms with a view.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

My husband and I stayed at Babuino 181 for two days and nights and, let me say, this is my favorite hotel in Europe. The rooms are extremely generously sized (by European standards), bath was large and very well equipped, linens and toiletries were lovely, and --wait for it!!-- they even provided a 110 plug for Americans like me who might have brought a faulty adapter. So thoughtful! Additionally, the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly, securing last-minute dinner reservations for us at lovely restaurants. When I return to Rome, there is nowhere else I'll be staying!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Mrsruffini,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Babuino 181.

It is truly an honor to hear that Babuino 181 is your favorite hotel in Europe. I’m also delighted that you enjoyed our spacious and well-furnished rooms, as well as our friendly staff.

Please let us know when you plan your next trip as we love welcoming back our return customers.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Room was spacious and nicely decorated with Molton Brown toiletries. Our room faced a wall, so not much natural light, but we didn't go to Rome to stay in the room! The nights were nice and quiet being away from the main road, so we weren't bothered.
The reception area is very small and cramped, with only a small bench to sit on, so don't expect a communal lounge area where you can sit and drink coffee. Great location for shopping though, and steps away from Hotel de Russie, which has a gorgeous outdoor bar and restaurant. I would still recommend this hotel, although for the price, it didn't blow me away.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank SquidJamHead
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear Shermanator,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Babuino 181.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and our central location in the middle of great restaurants, shops and attractions. I am sorry our staff neglected to show you our 1st floor lobby where you can relax over a cup of coffee. Our roof top terrace is another great place to wind down after a day touring Rome.

We thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

We arrived early on a Saturday and the staff could not have been more wonderful. We were sent up to the terrace for breakfast and espressi while our room was prepared. Our room overlooked Via Babuino and even though it's a busy thoroughfare, there were no noise problems. It's ideally located and a short walk to all main sights such as the Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo and Villa Medici. The rooms all have little nespresso machines and free water (a must in Rome in summertime). Clean, really funky and the staff go out of their way to make sure that the guests are all well looked after. Plus, there's a little booklet that guests are given which provides a multitude of insider tips to make your stay in Rome memorable. There's no restaurant in the hotel (other than the terrace for breakfast) but there are a million great places within walking distance. I recommend Il Gabriello for a beautiful meal.

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic. It's a small hotel so you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole H

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Babuino 181.

I’m pleased you enjoyed our central location, a short walk to many of Rome’s main attractions and that you took advantage of the tips in my Roman Notebook. It’s great to hear you also appreciated the free amenities in the room and thank you for acknowledging our staff.

We hope to be your host again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel met all of my expectations. Prime location near great restaurants, walking distance to major sites, and in the heart of great shopping/high end boutiques. The room was large, clean, and comfortable with nice quality bed linens. If I ever return to Rome, I will not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Sunshine0621
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Sunshine0621,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Babuino 181.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our central location immersed right in the middle of great restaurants, shops and major attractions. It’s lovely to hear you appreciated the spacious rooms and quality linens too.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rome.