Hotel Piazza Venezia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
All reviewsround bedwithin walking distancetrevi fountainsmall hotellprivate jacuzzismall rooffantastic hotel in a great locationdefinitely stay at this hotel againone night stayhotel offersrooms are spaciousshort stay in romehotel is modernbreakfast room isroof terracecleaned every dayroman forum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for four nights, room 405, thinking we were going into a very lush room, from the impression, the website gave. Just a small roof window, with remote control in Italian, without instructions, so when we finally managed to close the blind , we left it closed. No milk in room, no spoon for hot drinks, no information regarding hotel or places of interest.
The room is next door to a laundry store room, 4.30am every morning, the laundry was thrown into the store room, with lots of loud banging, we complained to the reception, and told it wouldn't happen again, that wasn't the case, nothing was done about it at all.
Breakfast was hit and miss, sometimes staff were attentive then the next day they ignored us. Overall we paid far to much for this hotel, we could of got somewhere much nicer for less money. And been able have a evening meal a glass of wine, this hotel offers none of this.

Room Tip: Don't book room 405
Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Very central
Near most of the main attractions.
Spacious room and bathroom
Comfortable beds and good breakfast.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Could not ask for more
Walking distance from Collaseum, Forum ,
Trevi Fountain and Trajans column
Excellent cafes and restaurants nearby.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Reviewed February 21, 2018

The experience was very good. Staff are very courteous. The cleanliness was of a high standard. The location is fantastic in the heart of the city It is highly recommended to stay in this perfect hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank alona738
Reviewed February 13, 2018

The straff was very nice. The position of the Hotel is really good, close to most of the places to see, fontana de trevi, pantheon, spanish steps, and just in front of the big Altare della patria, we walked to all of these. The hotel is a small hotell, we booked a deluxe room with whirlpool bath, and pur first room was very dark with only a skylight window. The staff helped us change the next day and we got a much better room! Very nice and helpful staff. Breakfast is ok, if you’re here in the winter months, you eat in a room in the basement. But during summer it is in the roof, much better!

Room Tip: Watch out for the deluxe room with whirlpool on level 4, just left if the elevators (404 I think) the room is dark and noisy, the cleaning staff have the room next to this and you hear everything.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 12, 2017

I'm never one to make a fuss or even right a review! (this is my first ever one) but I'm so disappointed with my experience at the hotel piazza Venezia that I feel a duty to not let other customers make the same mistake as me....

I booked a special surprise birthday trip for my girlfriend to Rome and was expecting the hotel piazza Venezia to be worthy of It's 4 star rating. I'd been saving up for the trip for a long time.

Much time and effort went into trying to find the perfect hotel for x2 nights - and as soon as we arrived at the hotel piazza Venezia - I knew I had made a big mistake.

We were first welcomed by a member of staff (who I shall keep nameless out of respect, as I hope he will improve on his behaviour and actions to future customers).

This member of staff instantly displayed some of the worst manners and people skills I've ever witnessed. My girlfriend and I were both taken back with his mannerisms and un-professional attitude.

He barely said hello on entrance and gave the worst first impression of the hotel. His manners were quite shocking, and any question asked to him would seemingly be interpreted as an insult to him and the hotel. I'm not even one for a fuss being made, but I would avoid booking this hotel purely on the chance of being checked in or out by This particular member of the hotel staff.

He was apologetic the following day, and I accepted his apology. It takes guts to say sorry sometimes, and I'm sure he is a lovely man, but it was all a little too late in terms of how we were made to feel when we checked in.

Asides from him - the hotel porter was amazing and the other x2 hotel personnel I saw and spoke to were also really nice and as you'd expect from hotel staff. So massive thumbs up there.

In all honesty, the rooms were 3 star at best, with the level of service possibly being the worst I've ever come across at any hotel across the world.

€400 for x2 nights in an executive double is not good value for money. We were even upgraded to a junior suite, which in all honesty was very, very poor indeed.

If you're booking for a suite with a jacuzzi or expect the suite to have lots of space, then I would strongly recommend staying away from this hotel. The junior suite was the size of a standard room and does not justify the price. If you want to spend money on a bit of quality then this hotel is NOT the one. The price for this suite is appalling and outrageous. You can get miles better value and quality for £125 - £170 per night in Rome.

We were kindly upgraded because of an issue with the detail about the rooms on both booking.com and the hotel's official website. Beware - it's very misleading.

When in the junior suite we were looking forward to going in the jacuzzi but when we ran the water, we found it was full of dirt and even had bugs crawling around in it. Added to this, the water was Luke warm and once we had eventually had I cleaned by maintenance - we could only stay in the tub for 5 mins as we were frozen to the bone.

The hotel did get us a bottle of champagne and let us have the mini bar drinks for free which was a lovely touch and very kind of them, however after the horrible experience of dealing with ............ and all the other issues we'd faced, it was hard to feel upbeat about the whole experience.

Conversely, The water in the showers were luke warm as well which was a real shame and something you don't expect from any hotel - regardless of star rating.

The hotel describe the jacuzzi as being... A jacuzzi on their site. But the correct at to describe it would be a hydro bath.

My girlfriend is amazing, and despite us both being in massive shock about how were were talked to and treated on arrival at the hotel - we both felt quite taken back and upset, when we were really expecting to just come for a happy weekend.

If you do go for this hotel, then beware if you go through booking.com that you have to pay extra for city tax on departure. It's in the small print that city tax is exclude dame we paid €24 for x2 nights.

Also, I would advise sorting out your own taxis and transfers a day not allow the hotel to book them, as I believe there is a serious case of under hand money deals between the firms and some staff at the hotel.

We booked a taxi to pick us up from the airport but the hotel never rap index to the e-mail despite promising to sort us a taxi for a fixed rate of €40. When we booked on the desk for the journey home, the taxi as arranged at €45 Euro by the staff which leads to suspicion of money deals between taxi and hotel personnel.

A taxi to Rome CIA airport to Hotel Piazza Venezia should cost no more than €30/40.

We had an amazing weekend in Rome. It is a beautiful, fun, vibrant city. But I feel compelled to write about my experiences of the hotel to make future customers aware.

Yes, the hotel is in a perfect location within Rome city centre. Absolutely brilliant! But, if you're looking for value for money, a polite and friendly stay and a 3/4 star level of service the the hotel is NOT the one. There are plenty of hotels in Rome and next time we return there is no way in a million years we'd ever consider staying at the hotel piazza Venezia again.

Room Tip: Do not book a junior suite. Executive doubles would be better value for money.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple