“My new favorite gelato”

Price range: US$2 - US$5
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: Figidarium house is a classic Italian gelato where tradition and the search for new flavors are always accompanied by the choice of quality ingredientsThe customer service is not limited to the essential, but try to convey the passion and attention that we have in the laboratory to produce our ice cream.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to Rome many times. Gelato has always been one of my guilty pleasures there. I always have at least once a day..I tell myself that Inam walking so many steps, the gelato is needed to give me energy. Frigidarium is new since I last visited. It is a small place and is very popular but long lines move fast. Their twist there is they dip your cone or cup of gelato in melted chocolate or they top it with vanilla or chocolate whipped cream. What a delicious finish to their many yummy flavors. Try it!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,665)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Definitely the best ice Cream in Rome.
I recommand the choccolate/ orange one. You wait in line, but it’s worth it

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Frigidarium has replaced Giolitti as my favorite gelateria in Rome. Giolitti always remains a classic, but I liked the smaller ambiance at Frigidarium a little better. It can be crowded at times, but the line usually moves quickly. I visited twice in my latest trip to Rome -- the second time after specifically planning my day so I would be in the vicinity to stop by for some gelato. I had the signature Frigidarium flavor -- creamy chocolately goodness, topped with a crispy chocolate cookie. The other flavors looked good, but I don't see any reason to go with anything else :)

Service was friendly and quick, though the staff looked a bit pained to deal with crowds of tourists in various states of confusion.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm a gelato snob and this was outstanding! Fyi if they ask you if you want extra chocolate it doesn't cost extra and makes a coating on your gelato like a hard chocolate shell. They have wonderful creative flavors like Licorice and were patient to explain them in English despite the line.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing gelato! First place we had gelato and the best strawberry gelato in Rome! Easy to access by foot. Busy with lines outside so you know it’s is good. Reasonably priced. A place you would go back and visit!

Been to La Gelateria Frigidarium? Share your experiences!