“Worth the wait”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We queued for about 45 mins to eat here, based on Trip Advisor reviews. It certainly didn’t disappoint with enormous platters of meat and cheese to start followed by delicious Roman beef stew and meatballs (which were a little salty). Accompanied by reasonably priced wine, complimentary limoncello and cheerful service, we had a great time! The place is busy so don’t expect quick service so relax and enjoy the atmosphere and your company for best results.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,397)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A friend of ours recommended this place. The service is excellent - we were very well looked after by Sandra and Christopher. The food is tasty, varied and copious. The restaurant is quaint and there is a fantastic atmosphere. Grazzie!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner after reading trip advisor reviews decided to go to here. We went at around 20:00 and had to queue for about an hour outside which isn’t the best for someone with no patience. We were finally seated and what a lovely restaurant it is albeit small. The atmosphere is probably my favourite thing about the restaurant. The two staff working were friendly and attentive. The aperol spritz is reasonably priced. We went for the breads and the buffalo mozzarella and ham which I would certainly recommend. I ordered the spaghetti with clams but found myself having food envy with my other half who had ordered the meatballs. I gratefully swapped with him when he was too full. The meatballs were delicious compared to the quite bland spaghetti. We were too full to try a desert and left feeling satisfied.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The reviews are spot on! We had a lovely time. Wish we could return. Small and intimate. The crispy potatoes with spec are awesome! Salad with pear, blue cheese, walnuts and oranges is to die for! Have the mojito! Who knew Rome does the best mojitos ever?!?!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on our last night in Rome. I can say that it did not disappoint! Just so you are aware, if you have to wait outside then please do. You are looked after with Prosecco and Pizza so be patient. The restaurant is so authentic that it’s safe to say it’s one of my favourite restaurants ever. The food is next level and the service is so personal. You really get a taste of Italia when you’re here. The atmosphere is perfect and the feel for Roma is there and makes your experience worth while. If you get the chance make sure you visit this place. It’s literally top 30 in Rome and for me the top 5 places to eat. Make sure you’re patient, the food is past the expectant food sizes and the staff really want you to have the best experience. Truly the best food in Roma.

Been to Mimi e Coco? Share your experiences!