“Memorable meal”

Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our favorite restaurant in the city...beautiful place with wonderful fresh food and excellent service. Charming staff
We spoke to another couple who had been there several nights in a row. After eating there we understand

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This little restaurant is run by people who are passionate about delivering locally sourced food, simply but beautifully presented. The quality of the ingredients is great, the food is perfectly cooked and the wine is also perfectly chosen. We ended up eating here three times during our stay in Amalfi as we just couldn’t bear to go anywhere else after our first meal. I can particularly recommend the stunning caprese salad as a starter and the seafood pasta main course was so delicious- the portion was enormous but I just couldn’t stop eating! Nowhere in Amalfi is cheap, especially for those travelling from the UK with the exchange rate as it is, but here we felt we had good value, kind friendly service and a genuine, intimate environment to match the food. Would come here again in the blink of an eye. Better than more expensive restaurants we tried during our stay. No wonder it’s #8 in the region, and will possibly climb higher. Might be worth booking ahead if it’s high season.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Very warm service, and good taste. Especially, the starter of octopus is quite nice. And pasta, fish are also good. I can really recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Definitely the best restaurant of Amalfi...
Take a look at this restaurant and take a visit to stay for lunch or dinner, with a soft music played in a big saloon. My dream is want to eat also in spring or summer so close, and enjoy the pleasure to eat outside just down the Amalfi Cathedral.
The menu has a big selection and what it does serve is excellent. All the staff are lovely, the waitress is so nice, and have given us a warm welcome for the first time we eated here. It was in begin of december and only now i remembered to complete my review, because not worked properly Tripadvisor in december and not saved my draft . Food is delicious and is frequented by locals too. The best dish? For me the "Spaghetti with lemon pesto" but i really want to taste also other from rich menu. Wine selled at normal prices. I'm sure that i will write another review in spring and another in summer.... See you soon Guys ;-)

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I was in Amalfi in July and stumbled upon Taverna degli Apostoli (although its hard to miss being right under the church). One of my main goals in Amalfi was to have a traditional Genovese Pasta (which originated from the region) and Taverna delivered it 1000%. So much so that I went back twice. The beef and onion were absolute perfection and as someone of Italian heritage myself the penne was properly al dente as it should be (you may find it on the harder side if you don't normally eat al dente pasta). On paper this seems like a very basic pasta but it packs amazing flavours. The hostess we had was a very lovely lady and the setting outside just up from the main piazza is fantastic for a balmy Amalfi night. Do your self a favour and do not miss out on eating at this restaurant, without a doubt the standout of this beautiful place.

1  Thank Chris V