“Really nice food and staff ”
Review of Swagat

Swagat
Ranked #260 of 3,872 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Description: Traditional Indian cuisine. We are bringing our experience to this area of Valencia, please come and try our extensive menu. We look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We don't normally go for indian food in Spain as Mediterranean restaurants are in abundance.
We were on our way to another restaurant which was closed for some reason. We were then deciding where else to go
Liked the look on the restaurant and the menu
So glad we went in
Very nice welcome and friendly staff
Really good choice on the menu
Food was nicely spiced and very fresh with use of fresh herbs
Started with pakoras and prawn puri
Then chicken/veg curry and mixed sizzling tikka mains
Plus lemon rice and a keema Nann (quite thin) saag paneer
Finished off with homemade kulfi
Lovely meal
Shame it's not closer to home

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been disappointed with Indian food in Valencia, and was sceptical trying Swagat. But once I passed the place and the aroma was too good to resist. That’s when I decided I’d pay the restaurant a visit.
We finally went today, we were 5 adults in total. For starters we ordered paneer tikka and the mix special tandoor grill. They asked how hot we’d like it. We told them to make the food mild but serve some chillies/chilli sauce on the side. They didn’t have it so they made some chilli sauce for us, which was quite nice and flavourful.
Both the appetisers were good, except for the Sheekh kebab which came in the platter - it was a little dry, but not really bad.
For mains we chose a vegetable korma and were promptly told it would be sweet. I guess he knew that not all Indians like a sweetish gravy. Instead he recommended a paneer dish not on the menu. For our second vegetarian main course he recommended a mushroom dish again not on the menu. We also ordered a lamb roganjosh and vegetable biryani. The lamb had a melt in the mouth texture. It was a big hit. We loved the paneer and mushroom dishes. The biryani was a hit too. We also ordered cheese naan, but there was hardly any cheese in it. The server promptly brought us some more naan with lots of cheese.
For desert we ordered pistachio kulfi, you could taste the pistachios in every bite.
Overall, we loved the food. I’m definitely coming back. My hunt for good Indian food in Valencia has finally come to an end. And this coming from an Indian who’s lived in India for years.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another Wonderful Lunch at Swagat today.
Beautiful food, the quality of this Restaurant is second to none ... Thank You to Sonu and his team for a very enjoyable time.

1  Thank jennywatkins2016
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Great food, friendly service. Authentic Indian food, freshly cooked to high standards. Good prices and reasonable portions.

I know this has been discussed in other reviews, but for me the food was lacking in salt and spice. I ordered jalfrezi, expecting it to be hot. They asked me if I wanted 'extra' hot or 'normal' hot, and I said normal. I should have asked for extra. It was very bland. I think you need to say 'hot like India' or 'hot like Valencia'.

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here about 5 times and it has been flawless on each occasion.

Great food, great service.

Try it out, oh and get any lamb curry. Really good quality meat.

Chicken shaslik to die for.