Lowest prices for your stay
US$80
Free cancellation until 24/09/21
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$83
PricelineUS$80
All reviews city hall mid size perfect location feria parking plaza citadel festival
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

Room and bathroom comfortable but the place is stérile. We tried the 6th floor bar but it was closed.
The café has food lying out uncovered and wait staff unwelcoming. Not a comfy place to eat. Went elsewhere.
The breakfast was fine.
Not sure how they are a 4 star hôtel. Wouldn't stay again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2020

I was not able to make it to Pamplona because the coronavirus was getting out of control and I had decided to cut short my trip. I had made a reservation several weeks before but decided to change it. I was able to cancel that one and make a new one. HOWEVER, once I realized how bad the situation was getting in Spain AND the rumors that were starting to spread that the US would close its borders, I called them and cancelled. SOmeone who took my call said everything was fine and they would cancel. This DID NOT HAPPEN. I have been charged my full stay there for two nights that a) I never used and b) I went on good faith that the person taking my call would cancel. But they didn't. Now I may have to pay the $175+ amount.
I plan to return to Pamplona in 2021 but I certainly won't be doing it here.

Date of stay: March 2020
pilar legorburu, Dueño at Pompaelo Urban Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2020

We do not know when you had the check in. Our hotel is closed temporally since 15 march, and of course we have legally applied all the procedures regarding reservations. If the hotel has not been able to offer the service, we give the option to refund the client or give them a period of two years in order to use the reservation. I am also surprised that having a free cancellation reservation, we have not received your cancellation by the way you made it. We never accept cancellations by phone.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

First of all, if you can, visit Pamplona outside of the famous Feria de San Fermín, and you'll find a wonderful mid-size city at the foot of the Pyrenees, with a wonderful historic city center, citadel and sprawling parks. Walkable and socially a relaxed city... Why you want to visit outside of the Sanfermines.

The Pompaelo is a cool, relaxed boutique hotel in this historic center, directly in front of the City Hall (Ayuntamiento). The small plaza shared by the Ayuntamiento and the Pompaelo is the site of the launch of the festivities for San Fermín, with a huge crowd filling it to witness the rocket that kicks it all off. At any other time, it's a great place to sit at an outdoor table to enjoy a local Tempranillo or Verdejo.

The Pompaelo, itself, is a wonderfully contemporary contrast to the historic environment in which it wraps itself. The rooms aren't large but, big enough to be comfortable, with modern conveniences and a chic feel. It can't be mentioned enough that it had air conditioning, something that comes to be one of the most welcome luxuries in a summertime visit.

Available parking nearby, under the iconic Plaza de Castillo, a really nice breakfast in the basement and spa (which we did not use, so no feedback from us) and front desk employees who were helpful in so many ways (*special note about that).

*Given how "mad" it can be during the festival in July, with such a large contingent of foreigners who can sometimes seem to come to experience debauchery that they wouldn't try at home, it might have been a case of (less than 3 weeks later) exhaustion in dealing with foreigners, and not knowing if we'd be the type who might show a deficit of respect. However, initial perceptions that we weren't as welcome as we hoped after a long drive, proved unfounded. As long as you're polite, kind and enthusiastically open-minded about visiting (as with visiting any other new place), you'll find the staff here to be kind, supportive and helpful. Really, by the second day, I myself found it easy to practice my admittedly weak Spanish with the encouragement of the staff.

Bottom line: Easily our favorite hotel of our 2019 trip to Spain, and would recommend it to any of my friends who want to visit Pamplona & surrounding area.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2019 via mobile

The only good think at this place is you stay really in the center. But all the rest...
Rooms: extremely small
Breakfast: expensive and weak
Spa: I asked for it at the reception and after entering the spa, I was denied...
never again

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank SamuFigu
CalidadSanSebastian, Propietario at Pompaelo Urban Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2019

Dear Samufigu, you wanted the spa for free and you were informed about the spa price and you decided not to enter. You have, of course, never been denied. You should understand that all the extra services have of course, a price. About room and breakfast, you were in a single room facing the most beautiful place of Pamplona, just in front City Hall with a big balcony.

Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

Booked on booking.com, next time would book directly through the hotel website.
Email with parking directions was very good and helpful
Checkin was easy.
A “family room” is actually two adjoining rooms. We had rooms with balconies.
Breakfast was not included and we went to the bakery across the street which was cheaper and very good.
Hotel is “modern” and clean. Rooms are good sized and bathroom is also large and very clean. Nothing special about the hotel, staff or decor. There was no information in the room about the hotel, area or local activities. It felt very business like and I was glad to stay just one night.

Date of stay: July 2019