US$148
US$117
US$83
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$165
Room Mate Laura(Madrid)
Free cancellation until 08/02
US$95
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$144
US$131
US$118
US$76
Official Hotel Site
VP El Madrono(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$77
Official Site
  • Room Service
US$80
US$69
Priceline
1,596 results
All reviewsretiro parkbull fighterslinen sheetsoutdoor pooltraditional hotelsalamanca neighborhoodfive star hotelgrand hotelmarble bathroomroom servicewonderful hotelclub roomthe ritzreception staffcommon areastwo blockssuperior room
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Although I had not stayed in the Wellington for many years, the quality was as good as ever. Attentive staff, fine. clean premises and superb location make this my hotel of preference in Madrid. Easy walking to the famous art exhibitions and to the old centre of town.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I'm sad to report that this hotel did not meet expectations. The sun deck was under construction so the hotel did not offer the possibility to enjoy a cigar or a beer in the back yard. I wish this was informed on their website. Pool was closed for the season as stated in the website.
Our room had a strange smell, old and not in a good way. The wifi was absolutely terrible. The Wellington is trying to be something it's not, a luxury hotel. It's masquerading as old novelty but in fact it's just old.
The bed was small, narrow, but comfy, toiletries in abundance.

Street restaurant was way below expectations in a city filed with great restaurants. I was surfing hotels.com looking for a new hotel to stay at but desided to give Wellington a try. In the end the hotel was the least thing I liked with my stay in beautiful Madrid.

On the positive note Wellington do have a nice location. All in all its not a hotel I can recommend.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank RockStone j
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Our experience at the Wellington Hotel was indeed, a five star experience. Our check-in service was smooth and exceptional. We had no delays in checking into our room. The room itself was quaint and welcoming. Besides having a capsule coffee machine, the marble bathroom, lighting, and bed linens were exquisite. I enjoyed sitting in the area outside the downstairs bar, as well as the bar itself. I recommend tasting the domestic EXTRA beer. The club floor hors d'oeuvres and drinks were among the finest I've ever had in a five star hotel. The service staff: Adina, Christian, and Lucia were amazing attendants who constantly checked to make sure we had everything we needed. We stayed three nights and the last night I had spilled olive oil onto my dinner jacket and shirt at the hotel restaurant, Goezeko - which in itself is a culinary delight. Aaron brought me a dry cleaning chemical at 12:30am as I said was leaving in the morning, and both spills were instantly removed within minutes using the product he provided.
We thought the lobby, the pool area, and the spa were a welcome treat to anyone visiting Madrid. I think one has to appreciate old world charm with new world amenities to truly understand the gem that the Wellington Hotel is.
Another treat was to have the hotel within walking distance of the Prado Museum, the Palace, and downtown shopping areas.
Kudos to staff, the management, and the consultants who made our stay magnificent.

Room Tip: We were in room 303 and had no noise or sun problems.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank MALAWI8386
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Stayed here for a conference recently and I can confirm that whilst not exceptional by modern international standards, the hotel is well located, reasonably priced and provides a traditional Madrid hotel experience. Worth staying at though if you're looking for ultra modern you should perhaps look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank vedev
Reviewed 2 April 2017

The Wellington Hotel is a good choice in Madrid. It is located in an upscale and quiet neighborhood, in the Salamanca District. It is close to several major museums and a park. A number of restaurants are nearby. The decor is rather old fashioned and dated, but the room was quite comfortable. It was too early for air conditioning, but we were able to open the windows to provide ventilation. The bathroom was was large, but it took a while to figure out the shower controls. The buffet breakfast was ample.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple