“Pintxos and Tapas heaven!”
Review of Quimet & Quimet

Quimet & Quimet
Ranked #406 of 11,379 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: El Poble Sec
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

All i can say is that this is a must when you visit Barcelona. I always drop by to have their pintxos. My favorite would be the Salmon with truffle and honey and the one with the pate! I cant wait to go back end of august and have some more! :)

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Absolutely loved this place! Tiny and crowded, but the vibe is fabulous! The salmon and yoghurt is amazing and so is the prawn and caviar. The Iberian pork cheek is full of flavor. The lady at the bar is so efficient and does a great job to get your order, assemble the tapas, serve you food, calculate your check and close the account. Undoubtedly the highlight of our trip to Barcelona.

Reviewed July 21, 2016

After a few days of seeing pre-made tapas sitting in windows and on bars, for me - its a bit of a turnoff. 'How long have they been there?' I did A LOT of research of the places I wanted to visit/stay/eat at during my 2 weeks in Barcelona. This place was popping up on all of the must-do's. I have a few Chef-friends who insisted I go. So, I did! I actually went with a Chef and as we approached, we noticed a bit of a line to get in. Quimet is the size of a phone booth, so I understood the line right away. There were about 25 people inside. We got in only 5 minutes after assessing the place. We looked over the menu, ordered drinks and tapas and stayed for about an hour. The sangria was delicious! Everything we ordered was fantastic and MADE WHILE WE WAITED. There are 3 people behind the bar making your meal as you are ordering. Our 1st was the salmon & honey. I kept seeing people order this dish after us and I think it must be 1 of their best. It was. The salmon, honey and balsamic all sat on a bed of creamy yogurt. We inhaled ours. We also ordered shrimp and caviar, foie and mushrooms, leeks, and artichokes and cheese. We made some good conversation with Brits, Saudi's and some young American boys who seemed to surprise us with their knowledge of food. I am glad I went! Please note, there are only 3 tables inside. There are no chairs. Its an experience all around. GO!

1  Thank VinoGal7
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

We looked this place up last year when we visited Barcelona.
They claimed to have good tapas and local wine....and they wasn't lying!
Granted the place is a shoe box but when you look past that and mingle with the elder locals who go there to meet pals for lunch and tourist from all over, push into a little side bench and you're away! Lovely place with nice tapas, cheese and wine!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

If you're into tinned food, terrible service, being ripped off and dairylea lunchables this place just keeps giving. I can only presume those that gave this 5* are either illiterate or high. Either way they're in my bad books because they made me traipse half way across Barcelona to eat what essentially amounted to a piece of cardboard adorned with a piece of fish that by all indications died in 1993. I don't speak Spanish but I can only assume quimet & quimet is Spanish for 'this restaurant is horrendous' which is presumably why it's filled with tourists and zero locals. Unsurprisingly I recommend you go elsewhere, but if you find yourself in the area I highly recommend the burger king next door - it has substantially better service, food and value. The 'whopper' is outstanding. Alternatively you can pay me €30 euros and I'll deliver you some canned cockles and stale crackers. Cheers.
Cava was ok though.