Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
US$290
US$393
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Acta BCN 40(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$148
Very Good 4/5
Room Mate Emma(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$167
Room Mate Hotels
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Colonial Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$285
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
3,210 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemall across the streetdiamond membersea viewpool areamediterranean seaconvention centerlobby barcorner roomhigh floortapastourist bushop on hop off busmodern hoteljunior suitemetro stationsagrada familia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been fortunate to stay in excellent Hilton properties across 3 continents. Along the way, I have experienced truly wonderful service (I.e., Prague) from caring Hilton team members. Well, this Hilton is right up there in memorable stays - due to the staff. Thank you Hilton. I'd like to specifically thank Maeitxell, Thalita, and the male Front Desk Supervisor for outstanding service - details below. A wonderful stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

As with most of my reviews, the Good, the Okay, and the Ugly.

The Good.
1. I checked in via the application and arrived at the hotel around 15:00. We were warmly greeted, checked in and into our room within 10 minutes.
2. The room - 2008. This corner room was very nice. The floor and room appeared recently renovated with nice finishes. A large room, with kingsize bed, large bathroom with tub and shower - and great views. What's not to like. I liked the silence most at night. This room also had the small touches - E.g., USB ports next to each side of bed. Well done.
3. Service. First - the executive lounge is being refurbished and it was located in the main lobby. No large deal, we just like to sit and unwind after a day of being out and about. Team Member Maeitxell (I hope I'm spelling that correctly) warmly greeted my wife, young child, and I - giving us the run down for everything we needed to know. She was so nice, and spoke to our daughter with a smile and made her feel super welcome. Thank you! Second - Thalita as the dining room host. What a smile and warm welcome, and again great touch with our daughter. Thalita remembered her name on the subsequent days which made her feel like a queen (the Easter chocolate may have helped too. :) ).
4. Front Desk Staff and Service - we spoke the front desk one morning to get some local insights on our plans. The gentleman, who I believe was the Assistant Front Desk Supervisor gave us some excellent insights - and even recommended we NOT partake in a site we had planned. I appreciated the honesty and we followed his advice to the point and everything he mentioned was great. On a second occasion we requested an extra blanket and before I had "...ket" out of my mouth, the female employee was on the phone making the request. Wow! Thank you Front Desk Staff!
5. Breakfast - we ate both in the lounge and dining room. Food was good as you'd expect with a little something for every taste.
6. Location - we debated about staying here because it was a bit out of the center. Be we loved it. The metro stop was a 5-minute stroll away and this hotel kind of offered an oasis from the madness of the city center. Located in a nice neighborhood, we found the mall and local offerings quite nice. We would stay here again.
7. Closeness to beach - while unfortunately the Mediterranean was a bit cold for us, the 3-minute stroll to the beach was nice. We enjoyed walks and people watching. There was also a football pitch along the beach where we were able to enjoy some youth football play.

The Okay / The Ugly
1. Believe me that I am trying to find something to improve upon.....this Hilton is a great property - and it's the Hilton Staff that make it that way. Our room was great, as were the facilities in general. Breakfast was good, rooms were well maintained and cleaned each day - all things you expect. But the staff made a very good stay, and exceptional stay.

Thank you Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona! The leadership team has a ton to be proud of with such a great team in place. We hope to see you again soon - hopefully in the warmer months when we can take advantage of the great-looking pool facilities. Until then, all the best.

Jeremy

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here recently while on a conference. Very convenient as conference centre was next door to the hotel. Room was large, clean and lovely. Breakfast was really excellent with lots of choice. The staff were all welcoming and polite. It’s a bit out of the centre but with good transport links. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this hotel which was slightly more than our budget, but we used our HHonor points to pay for 1 night.
We were contacted by the hotel prior to arrival to request our passport details to make sure check-in was quicker.
As HHonor members we could choose our room the day before arrival and we picked Room 907 (which was a Twin room), as it had city/mountain views and sea views!

We got a message via the App, asking us to go to the check-in desk on arrival. We arrived and were checked in straight away, he confirmed our details and seen we paid part HHonor points, he then included breakfast for the both of us for our entire stay, which was a great touch, and saved us so much money on our trip.

Rooms were spacious and very clean. We had a twin room (2 beds), bathroom was large with a bath and shower and also very clean.
The view from the room was amazing, sea view and also a view of the city and mountains. Room had a safety deposit box (Laptop size), this was free to use.

All staff we encountered were VERY helpful and friendly, and nothing was too much effort for them.

Breakfast was on the 1st floor and plenty to choose from, waffles and pancakes available on request (made to order) and tasted amazing.
Fresh juices and hot drinks.
Breakfast buffet, was cakes, pastries, toast and preserves, ham and cheeses, quiches, fruit, bacon, sausages, beans etc.

The hotel was very quiet, and there was no outside noise, which gave a great nights sleep, we did have some loud guests at 1am the last evening, but after they had slammed there door about 5 times and spoke on the phone in the hallway, they went into their room, nothing to do with the hotel just a quick comment. I'm sure if we mentioned to reception, they would have dealt with promptly.

The hotel had a gym and pool, which we didn't use.

Opposite the hotel is Diagonal Mar shopping centre, which had a food court and shops. Outside the hotel there is a stop for the public buses and the sightseeing buses.
A block away for the Metro and/or Trams.

This hotel was amazing, slightly out for the main town, but public transport is easy to use. Thanks to everyone at Hilton Diagonal Mar for a great Easter break.

Room Tip: Room 907 has City and Sea View. Higher floors have better views and less road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is clean, modern hotel within a couple minutes walk to the beach. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the corner suite has a gorgeous view of the city. Only reason I only have it four stars is it’s distance from downtown and a lot of the major historic sights. (But if that’s what you’re looking for, then this is perfect.)

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean room, friendly staff, great location for the conference centre, and easy access to the city centre via the metro. Shopping centre opposite is good, with a few bars and places to eat. Only down side was a rather odd smell in the street outside, there were road works ongoing when I was there, so may have been related to that? Otherwise great.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business