Open today: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Review Highlights
Hand-stitched Original Espadrille Shoes - A Fun Experience

This was a wonderful shop that has been hand-stitching traditional espadrille shoes since 1940. The... read more

Reviewed 19 August 2020
Mairwen1
United Kingdom
Fantastico!

So in love with the shop and my new sandals. Next time im visiting my family im definitely poping... read more

Reviewed 7 February 2020
AvaMartinezAva

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from US$38.94
from US$56.64
from US$21.24
from US$41.30
More Info
All reviews wonderful shop fun experience shoes workshop hundreds
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Who knew that I would need a pair of espadrilles? With the prices and selection, it could not be passed up. We were lucky, and didn't have to wait 5 minutes on a weekday evening. Others have not been so lucky. They say that the Pope and Penelope Cruz have bought shoes from here. I didn't need any more encouragement.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Very accommodating and patient with us trying so many pairs. Classic espadrilles and very reasonably priced

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 17 July 2016

This small shop (with the workshop at the back) has a wide range of colours, styles and sizes for women and men (not sure about children). Very well priced but be aware that the assistants do not multi-task and seemed to serve one or two people at a time. The shoes pack flat which is why I have 3 pairs in my small suitcase.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

If you can't find espadrilles here (or have them made) I don't think you'll find them elsewhere. This factory makes all different qualities of shoes. This is a crazy busy place. The best time to go is first thing in the morning (I think they open at 10am or right after siesta. DOn't forget to take a number when you enter the store, especially if it is busy. The prices were reasonable. I bought four pair of espadrilles this trip and ran out of room in my suitcase. Run don't walk to this store!

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank kathyp686
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Visited this place after reading reviews. SO SO glad i did not buy any shoes from toni pons (bad service to asians, poorer quality and higher prices)! They have similar styles here and more interesting shoe selection and best of all, the shoes are incredibly comfortable. Got a queue number and waited, was attended to by a friendly assistant who spoke a little english but we got by.

My feet is incredibly small (size 34) so imagine my happiness when I found out they have some shoes in 34! I got a pair of wedges (19 euros) in 2 colours, which were incredibly light and comfortable. My aching feet sighed in relief when I slipped my feet into them, so you can imagine how good the support is!

I also got 2 other shoes (45 & 46 euros each) which were not made by them, but were also very comfortable and cute. Only thing though is that the soles were incredibly heavy, as compared to the alpargatera wedges. Sales assistant made very funny expressions and I found it adorable that he kept using korean expressions and was so interested in learning.

I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: May 2016