3,121 results
All reviews sants station rooftop bar main station standard room sun loungers convenient location top floor city break tourist bus las ramblas balcony airport fountain tarragona euros stops supermarket
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

OMG is this the most friendly hotel in Europe? The staff were lovely. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, the snack bar staff and the pool staff were cheery and happy, the room cleaners so accomodating, even the security men took it in good part when I kept getting locked out of my room safe.

The hotel is really well situated for getting about Barcelona and for nice evening strolls and for eating and drinking locally.

One word of warning. I was charged over 12 euro for 2 small coca colas for myself and my son when sitting outside a Chinese restaurant on La Rambla. The price of meals was clearly displayed and was reasonable. The cunning plan had been to not advertise the price of their drinks.

Enjoy Barcelona and stay at Expo Hotel.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
MartaExpo, Director General at Expo Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Dear Mrs brenda m,

We would like to thank you for trusting Expo Hotel Barcelona for your stay in Barcelona as well as for reflecting in Tripadvisor your feelings around your experience as our guest.

We are very happy to read your positive remarks regarding our staff and the location. We really appreciate them!

Best regards,

Marta Roca

Reviewed 6 August 2015

We were very impressed with the Hotel Expo, we booked the basic double room and it was perfect for our stay. The room was clean and cool all the time. There was even a balcony to look out from - a small table and 2 chairs would also have been nice. The pool was disappointing because it was half the size of the photograph in the advertising literature however we were so busy exploring Barcelona we didn't use it and went to the beach on a couple of occasions instead.

The Terrazza is well worth a visit, the view is nice (towards the Magic Fountain) and the bar staff are very friendly in the evenings. The daytime staff are slower to serve and a bit grumpy - or they were on the 1 occasion we used it.

Overall I would say this is a fabulous hotel to stay in, the staff are mostly very friendly and helpful - they even booked tickets for us which made seeing a Flamenco show really easy. The hotel is right outside the main train station - Barcelona Sants and is a short walk from some of the main tourist attractions. When we visit Barcelona again we shall certainly be booking to stay here.

We stayed in room 666 and it was fine!!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Danceaddict2011,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for having shared your experience with all the travelers in TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read your words about our property and your experience, thank you again on behalf of the whole team.

It has been a pleasure to host you in Barcelona and we look forward to your next occasion.

Kind regards,

Marta Roca

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I wish I would've known more about this hotel earlier on my visit. Great staff, spacious room, and away from noisy areas. Recomendation: take the stand where tv is away from walking area and we were there there was a lot of construction going on hence the 4*.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2015

about 200m from station. Clean, helpful staff. Rooftop pool and bar/restaurant.
close to cafes and metro station. Felt safe in the area, and on the metro at night. Great cafes and resturants. ATM's nearby. Great local bus service.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a week in July and it was a lovely stay! The rooftop pool is perfect and the staff at the terrace bar are friendly and accommodating. The hotel has amazing air conditioning throughout which was such a benefit for us in the July heat. The food was good enough and reasonably priced for a hotel.

Our return flight was late in the evening and the hotel accommodated a later check out without charge, which was great!

There was an issue of a group of very loud, drunk men at the pool one day who were really disruptive and abusive, shouting and swearing, throwing cases down stairs and hitting people with them and throwing a young child (not theirs) into the pool without his consent or knowledge. The pool attendant did his best to deal with it but it did put a dampener on one of our days and given the volume of complaints they received I was surprised they were allowed to check in following this behaviour. The hotel needs to take a firmer stance on disruptive guests.

Only other issue was that every morning between 8-10am there appeared to be furniture moved around in the room upstairs. This was really really noisy and went on for 20 minutes some mornings to nearly the full 2 hours other mornings! I'm not sure what they were doing but it stopped my friend from sleeping every morning which was a bit of a nightmare! I am an early riser so it didn't bother me as much.

All in all it was a lovely hotel and I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends