Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center
  • Restaurant
B-Hotel(Barcelona)
Ofelias Hotel(Barcelona)
1,366 results
All reviewsthe club loungehuge tvgreat hotelespanya metro stationfont magicarooms are hugeolympic parktapasbusiness hotelminute walknespresso machinehotel restaurantstayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastrooftop barpublic transportlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just got back from a lovely break at the Crown Plaza Barcelona. The hotel was lovely from start to finish staff couldn't do enough facilities were excellent the room was lovely and spacious. I would definately recommed this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
CrownePlazaBarcelona, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Karen J,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Barcelona. I am glad to read your comments about our excellent facilities and lovely and spacious bedroosm.

Again, thank you for your time and I really hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just back from our first trip abroad as a family with our 9 month old little boy. After 3 hour delay with a 9 month old teeth child we arrived at the hotel gone midnight very tried and stressed but as soon as we got to the hotel our trip was completely turned around. The night staff where fantastic helping with our luggage and a fast check in to get us off to our room. The hotel is beautiful and the room where great with cot all made up for our very tired little one. We eat the tester one evening and it was delicious and again staff where great. Will be returning again and would highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Samantha C,

Thank you for your nice review following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Barcelona. I am happy to read your comments about our fantatic staff and our beautiful hotel.
Again, thank you for your time and we really hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate my birthday, which was our 3rd stay at the hotel and again we had booked a club room. We found check in to be friendly and efficient and our suite was large and spotlessly clean. We made full use of the club lounge, which is a great place to relax, with quality freshly prepared snacks and drink, both alcoholic and soft drinks. Breakfast in the club lounge also provides a very good selection to choose from with attentive staff. We had lunch in the 'El Mall' restaurant, which is located within the hotel, where we had the Iberico ham as a shared starter, and the Sea Bass and Turbot for mains. The food was excellent and service was personable and first class. A great birthday treat and finish to our stay. During our stay we found the staff to be very welcoming and efficient. In particular I would like to thank Ana (club lounge reception), Carme (restaurant) and Miguel for looking after us and making our 3rd stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaBarcelona, Manager at Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my 9-night stay for the Barcelona Marathon. The hotel was a 5-minute walk from the start and finish line.

I stayed in room 532 and it was spacious with adequate closet space. Room had a safe and a stocked mini-fridge. There were a kettle and a coffee maker in the room. Bathroom had a bath tub and a separate shower stall. There was also a bidet. Hot water supply was good. Bathrobes and slippers were provided. Toiletries were supplied. A free bottle of water was provided each day. TV worked well but no CNN nor BBC.

Free wi-fi was easy to log in and relatively fast. I didn’t use the pool but I did use the exercise room which had two treadmills, an exercise bike, an elliptical trainer, and free weights.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and spoke English quite well. I had also booked the breakfast buffet option. Breakfast buffet was available starting at 7 am each morning in the L’Aria Restaurant on the ground floor and it was available at 6 am on the day of the marathon. The buffet breakfast was good with a wide variety of options including Asian food. During the Barcelona Marathon weekend, the restaurant offered dinner and lunch buffets which helped with the carbo-loading.

I also took advantage of the breakfast box option when I needed to leave early in the morning. The breakfast box option is free if you have booked the breakfast buffet option.

I also had dinner twice in the El Mall restaurant in the hotel. Food was good and the service was friendly and efficient.

The two nearest Metro stations, Espanya and Poble Sec, were a 5 to 10-minute walk from the hotel.

I did have an issue with housekeeping but it was quickly resolved to my satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
CrownePlazaBarcelona, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bill C,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our recent stay at Crowne Plaza Barcelona. I am happy to read you enjoyed our wonderful and spacious bedrooms, delicious food and the hotel location itself. I appreciate your comments about our friendly and efficient staff.

Again, thank you for your time and I really hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This visit started poorly, as the small drop off area in front was occupied and four parked taxis with drivers outside the front door smoking blocked the entrance. No bellman was to be found, so I dragged my four bags (off a two-week cruise) to the front desk. After all, who leaves their bags out on the sidewalk as they go and search for a bellman while the apparent taxi drivers mingle about? This was not an auspicious beginning to a three-night stay.

From the first negative note, matters improved quickly. I was already slated for a Club lounge room upgrade (an a spire elite) to a modest suite, and was given immediate access to my room despite the pre-noon check-in. The room was clean, modern, with an expansive bathroom featuring bath, bidet, toilet, and separate shower. The bed was especially to my liking, new and soft enough for support. The room featured an outdoor balcony, not useful though for a March stay.

The club lounge is among the best I have visited in the IHG chain featuring Moët & Chandon Champagne, fine red wine, top shelf liquor, and little snacks available throughout the day. After 7:30 p.m., more substantial pre-dinner snacks come out. The lounge desk as well as waiter service were attentive.

The location was fine for my compulsive walking, as I never took a taxi during my stay even though I toured throughout the Gothic Quarter, visited the Sagrada Familia, and went up Montjuïc to see the fortress. Most would need taxis though for these trips.

Throughout my stay, the staff was courteous and very helpful. Checkout was seamless, with the luggage pre-loaded into my taxi by the bellman.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing northwest for a brighter view.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Dear SoBeSparky,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Barcelona. I am happy to read your comments about our excellent hospitality, good location and our courteous and very helpful staff.

Again, thank you for your time and we really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Managing DIrector