“Great South Tour but...”

First Minute Travel
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Arrecife
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Excursions and Guided Tours to the island and Transfers from the Airport of Lanzarote to all the destinations of the Island and vice versa. We are a consolidated company in the Tourist Market, with more than 11 years of experience. Founded in 2006 by our director, for his eagerness to offer quality tourism in the island of Lanzarote. Today we have a wide selection of Excursions and Transfers.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the South Tour mainly for the trip to Timanfaya (volcano). We were collected outside Hotel Grand Teguise Playa at 8:25 in the morning. We made a number of stops throughout other resorts on the way. We stopped outside a restaurant (unplanned and not mentioned previously) after 45 minutes on the bus for a break and food/drink. Our group joked that we should expect someone to come out with a food blender and for the tour to continue someone would have to buy one (as seen in the TV programme Benidorm). I understand that this stop may be important to those who have been on the bus for an hour already but might leave a bitter taste with those who only got on the bus 10 minites ago. You could see a few angry faces. After 20 minutes we boarded the bus and headed to El Golfo. This was a lovely quick visit. Beautiful scenery. We then headed to the salt planes of La Hoya - just a drive past, thankfully. Following that we headed to the camel rides. There was a cost for the camel rides and photos but as it wasn't our thing we had a walk around and took photos. Finally onto Timanfaya- which we thoroughly enjoyed. I won't go into detail about what they plan for you but it is good fun. My son loved it! Finally onto the restaurant. By this time it was 1:30 and we were getting hungry. It was advertised as a pictuesque village - there was no village...a winery - that's pushing it. The purpose built buffet restaurant did have lovely food but just watered down wine and water on the table is not satisfactory for children and we were shocked with the pudding; custard with a milk biscuit on top. Wow! But we did enjoy the food. As we planned to pick up a few bottles of wine, following out meal we went into the wine sales room. I said, we're interested in red, can we try a red? The lady behind the counter said yes and poured a white. My partner said, "No red please". She waved her finger in the hair, said, "no, no" - then beckoned another person to come try the white wine she poured us. We just turned and walked out. No sale for you!

All in all it was a good day out but would have prefered just a trip to Timanfaya.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"green lagoon"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely fantastic grand tour!
We loved it...the guide( Paul) and driver ()fab) were just brilliant.
Paul is a very knowledgable guide/ he really knows his stuff plus he is very attentive towards his passengers.
The visit to the volcano was out of this world/ especially the private coach tour and my son was really impressed with the fact the first Star Wars was filmed here...

The food at the wine tasting place was great and we found all the food delicious, fresh and varied. I cannot comment on the wine as I don’t drink. But for 8 Euro - it was very reasonable for what was on offer.
After lunch we headed to
The caves at Jameos agua they were simply sublime.
It was my favourite part of the day...ceser manrique had such a vision...it’s spell bounding... I would lovely to go back at night time I expect it’s even more magical.

P.s the tour also included a visit to the camels. I didn’t go on the camel ride as I don’t agree with animAls being used for tourists pleasure...but the guide reassured us skeptics that the camels were looked after properly but we were never forced to join the camel riders so I waited on the coach for 20mins....the other parties seemed to really enjoy it. So apart from the camel ride is was truly a remarkable day.

Thanks first minute we would definitely use this local company again.

1  Thank Nemmaj
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have used First Minute Travel before and have always had a good day out. The driver and tour guide were both great but the tour around the island lacked some content. I realise that the island is a lot quieter than Lanzarote but you know that the guide is running out of content when he starts pointing out cemeteries and goats! I would recommend the company but not this trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good: Amazing scenery - a must see when in the Canary islands. Great value: Euros 50 adults for 2 adults and 1 child, for around 2 hours in the park on a coach tour (our total trip was around 330pm - 6pm, half of it was the journey there and back). You can't drive the windy internal Timanfaya park roads yourself so need to go on an approved tour bus, and it's certainly worth it. The time in the park is around 2 hours, with most of this watching from a driven bus. I don't think many other options are available to do more on foot anyway (aside from the obligatory restaurant stop off to watch a few 'experiments' to check out the heat of the volcano). Air conditioned coach. Great driver. Audio tour on the coach, with an enthusiastic tour guide.

Bad: There can be a long pick up/drop off drive depending on where your resort is, so be prepared. No time to stop/eat in the restaurant at the top, which has volcano-grilled chicken. Very busy at the main restaurant hub with many coaches, but can't be helped and not a fault of this particular tour. Mandatory stop off in a bar en route home which isn't necessary needed but not bad for a quick drink/snack/toilet break with kids.