“Unbelievably rude staff.”

Cafe Bar Almoina
Ranked #1,590 of 2,401 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived in Palma for the day with friends who were keen to visit the cathedral. Decided to try this place for a beer and coffee as we waited for our friends. Despite the fact that the waiter walked past us as we sat down, he proceeded to serve every other person who came in behind us. When I finally got up and asked him ( the balding one) for said beer and coffee , he was very rude and dismissive saying he would send a girl over( asking where we where sitting). Needless to say we left. Their loss as there were 6 of us.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

As my daughter was gagging for a coffee and it was freezing outside we gave this a go. I had misgivings as any other café in the world located next to a cathedral or other tourist destination would have prices off the charts, but this one was excellent value. We ordered drinks and a couple of tapas and were impressed. They guy even asked if I wanted milk with my tea, which no-one else did!

The patatas bravas were delicious as were the albondingas. We were tempted by the cakes but in the end decided not to. I was also pleased they had a heater on, as it really was cold! There are seats outside for smokers and braver people than me. The toilets are a bit of a disappointment as there is only one each, and you have to time your visit well. But the price, and the delightful décor (very art nouveau tiles) made this a good spot to stop.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

We had lunch in this Bar Café several times whilst visiting Palma. The Tapas is excellent and the service fist class. Thank you Mike.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Staff have a real attitude problem
I always try my best to be nice to the service people as I have done the job myself in the past
I even spoke Spanish in a polite manner......
Real attitude problem
(The balding one )
Young lad really nice

1  Thank Dominic K
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We just stopped by after the cathedral visit but it was a big mistake! The place was empty and we waited 1hr for 1 paella! In the meantime my girlfriend had to go to the bathroom but a very arrogant and uneducated waiter told her she couldn't go because she ordered a cheap thing! So rude! The paella had no taste at all and the waiter was the most impolite ever! The waiter made us so mad that we paid and didn't even finish the fake paella. It's just a touristic bar with zero customer attention and 100% rudeness. Just don't go to this place, avoid it at all costs.

1  Thank FABIUS87