“Highlight - an experience and an education ”
Review of Mimo San Sebastian

and up
San Sebastian Evening Pintxo Tour with Wine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your first taste of txakoli, the sight of a bar filled with tapas, the smell of fresh olive oil being pressed, the feel of thinly sliced jamon iberico between your fingers...your senses are sharper at the source. We believe travel should be unique and personal, but most of all, it should be authentic. Explore a culture through its food and drink, its producers and chefs and the love and "mimo" they put into all their creations. Since we were founded in San Sebastian, Spain, in 2009, we strive to bring the mimo to visitors who want to immerse themselves in local food culture. Live the Mimo experience on our culinary tours, at our gourmet shops in San Sebastian (San Sebastian Food) and Sevilla (Mimo Sevilla), as well as in our luxury cooking school located in the Hotel Maria Cristina in the centre of San Sebastian. Our team of locals is passionate about sharing their culture, offering a taste of its delicious dishes, and welcoming you into the Mimo family.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had the pleasure of attending one of the lunch Pintxo tours, led by Almudena. We debated whether or not we needed a tour as we were enjoying the Pintxo bars on our own. It was absolutely, without question, a must do! Almudena was an expert and so much fun. We wouldn’t have known to order much of what we ate, and we enjoyed every stop and all the food. I hope to be back this summer and will do this tour again with family. This was a highlight of the trip! Could not recommend more highly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"new friends"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a fun way to get a lay of the land. I did this tour at the beginning of the trip and it gave good context (and tips on how to navigate the busy pinxtos bars) for the rest of the trip. The small group (6) met at their tasting kitchen before heading out. Our guide was friendly and approachable and I would highly recommend it.
Check out my tips for San Sebastian on hikergirltravel.tips

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Mimo Pintxo Tour was a ton of fun! We learned a lot about the history and culture of the Basque country as well as pintxos and wine! We had Almudena as our guide and she was fabulous. She knew all of the best places and the best pintxos to try. I am a vegetarian, and she was great about always helping me find vegetarian options that I loved. I would recommend this tour to anyone!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did the lunch Pinxtos tour and all i can say is WOW! It was, my husband, myself and 2 other people. Eli did a great job taking us around to all of the local bars and sharing her favorite Pinxtos of the area. She is a local to San Sebastián and was as much of a lesson on food as it was Basque culture. I recommend doing this on your first day while visiting San Sebastián because it helps you learn the ins and outs of the Pinxtos bars that can be daunting if you are not sure what you’re doing. Eli ensured that the rest of our trip was easing by showing us the ropes around old town! At the end of the tour she sends a list of all of the places we went and the things we tried. Highly recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 2 nights in San Sebastian on a trip organised by Mimo. It was a culinary dream, from a brilliant Pintxos tour of the old town, led by the fantastic and well informed Arantxa. To the amazing day's cookery course at the school led by Patricio, Michel, Jon and their very friendly and professional team. The whole thing was slickly organised from the greeting at Bilbao airport, to delivery to the three restaurants that they had recommended and booked on our behalf. If you love food and have a hunger for Basque culture, you have to do this.