Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$80
Free cancellation until 11/03/21
US$83
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
US$83
US$67
SAVE US$16
eDreamsUS$83
Expedia.comUS$80
HurbUS$83
All reviews plaza nueva great location balcony view underground garage alhambra palace mini fridge steep walk stayed here for two nights historic building top floor balconies city taxis furnishings tiles
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

Most reviews of this facility highlight on the location....which is great. Or the charm in the very dated facility....which is in the eye of the beholder....Cracked walls, broken toilet, poor water pressure, chipping paint and dated furnishings.

But I guess all is “OK” if you have no problems but if you do have concerns expect that no one will care. On arrival we had an issue with the room safe (a feature I always want when I book a hotel and one which I had paid for)ours didn’t work and in spite of repeated assurances from the reception manager in the 3 days and 2 nights we were there nothing was done to fix it. They couldn’t even provide security in a safe in Reception. He just didn’t care.

The place is just OK, although they appear to be trying to make improvements, the service from reception management is disgusting and the lack of customer service and the broken down state of the current facility made it the most disappointing stop of our extended trip to Spain.

There are lots of other hotels on and near the Plaza Nueva
my recommendation ..... “STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!”

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 25 August 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. Little tricky to find it by car, just off a small pedestrian street (Elvira I think) but thankful that they then parked the car for us in a nearby garage. Perfectly situated for walking, smack in the city center. 15-20min to Alhambra (due to the steep walk), and 5 min to the cathedral. Lots and lots of food options nearby but we found the best ones a bit of, on the left side of the main street. Don’t stay away from the touristy main square, great breakfasts actually. Now, the hotel isn’t very clean, I got rid of the bedspread quickly and some tiles in the bathroom are cracked or pieces missing. The sheets are very clean though and it’s definitely generally ok. Found twigs in the shower so guess they watered their flowers there. I’m picky with cleanliness but had no problem here. Mini fridge was great, decent beds, good power in the shower. French balcony. Decent tv. My only problem was that the AC was broken. Staff told us it was gonna get fixed, so if it gets fixed I’d come back! Very happy with service since they were apologetic about the AC, and gave us parking for free! Super nice!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

Located in a prime spot on the plaza nueva- everything in City centre is walkable from here and minibus / taxis to take you up to the Alhambra Palace. Old and historic building with period style furnishings. Lovely place to stay. Some rooms directly overlook the Plaza, others a central courtyard. Staff effcient and friendly plenty of dining options on your doorstep. Great value for location and quality.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2019

Wonderful double height vintage styled room in the heart of the Plaza, it felt like we were back in time but had enough modernity and cleanliness for us. Very convenient to everything in the City and the Alhambra. Our daughter loved the upper loft area with her own bathroom. We were on the top floor (3) so it was light and airy and all of our windows had balconies, including one on the front with a beautiful view of the Alhambra. The only negatives were the AC was kind of weak but we gave them a pass since it was 105 degrees (F) out that week. Opening the windows gave a nice cross breeze at night. Also, no coffee maker in the room, I can't remember the last time I encountered that situation. I love to have my morning coffee in the room. There was a small fridge though, which we always look for to keep food costs down. Over all a nice experience in a convenient location. We would gladly stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank LowellCharmianGrace
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

We loved this charming hotel

PROS
central location
Easy access to Alhambra
Spacious, airy and clean rooms
Excellent air con
small bar fridge
Large bath tub in some rooms
Room safe
Friendly and helpful staff, some speak English
Lift
Great value
Next to a decent flamenco show
Supermarket in the Plaza Nueva
Taxi rank in the Plaza Nueva

CONS
None really

Date of stay: June 2019