Free cancellation until 07/27
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Motel One(Magdeburg)
  • Bar/Lounge
Classik Hotel Magdeburg(Magdeburg)(Great Value!)
All reviewsshort walksupermarketcheesetrambreakfast
Reviewed 24 May 2017

From the main rail station a short walk plus Tram 5 (to Askanischerplatz) or 2 (to University library - n.b. be careful when alighting here as you do so into the carriageway not pavement)) plus a short walk from tram stop suitable for wheeled luggage. Total transfer time 30-40 mins at the time of writing due to extensive building near the station. Tram stops are announced and tickets can be bought on the tram, as part of a Magdeburg card from the tourist information centre by your starting tram stop, or as a 'plus bus' type ticket from the rail station.

Our room had 4 single beds, TV, TV guide, visitor info, free WiFi, clean bathroom (no toiletries) no kettle or iron, large window, some noise from outside. Reception very helpful and English spoken. Breakfast reasonable value continental style (packets of cheese etc) although I take the point there is a café next door in the supermarket. Sign suggests washing machines available. Pizzerias nearby but we ate at the superb Qilin in town. Take time to read the info they provide in the room and ask questions at reception.

This isn't a stylish hotel but they have made a good job of a budget offering.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2016

well out from the middle and I got no advice beforehand as to how to get there, although once I had arrived there was guidance (in German) about tram routes and it is about 5 minutes to a tram to and from the centre. Large room, not expensive, but a humming sound at night got on my nerves a little. Breakfast OK. Staff generally helpful in a brusque sort of way, and were willing for me to leave my bag after I checked out (I had taken care to check before booking that this would be allowed) but when I went back to pick up my bag and asked if there was a toilet I could use, I was told that there was not.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights, due to very convenient location and large free car park. The room was spacious, bed comfy, bathroom was clean and well lit. Speedy Wi-Fi was also a bonus. I cannot comment on breakfast, as didn't eat it at the hotel. Instead, I've had it at the café next door & it was lovely. Reception staff was very helpful & polite, recommending some really nice restaurants in the area. Very pleasant stay, good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel room is exceptionally clean and functional. The bed was made each day and the room tidied. Clean towels were provided too. Although our arrival was late, a code the the safety deposit box was emailed so we could get our keys. Which was all made very easy.

The location of the room was opposite the fire station and did get rather noisy.

At 6 Euro the breakfast sounded a reasonable inclusion but it is all plastic covered cheese and fish and really not at all nice. Better to pop into the cafe next door and for under 5 Euro, you can easily get a good Tschibo double espresso and substantial brot mit eggs and ham or many other delicious selections.

Room Tip: Opposite side to the fire station would be good!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tievie
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed five nights and were happy with our spacious and comfortable room. Sleep & Go was conveniently located for our needs, next door to cafe/small grocery, and short walk to a handful of restaurants. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was well lit. Reception area small but very serviceable with helpful local information and maps. Though we did not eat breakfast there, we saw many enjoying both offerings and conversation. The English speaking staff was useful, as our German is poor. Quiet neighborhood setting; easy walk to Nordpark and University.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family