“best sushi in Dusseldorf”
Review of DOX Restaurant

DOX Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 1,958 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At DOX Restaurant there is a place for everyone. Choose from a romantic table for two, the exclusive chef's table for up to 20 people, or our private dining area. Make it your night at DOX restaurant, where we create the perfect ambience, whether it's an intimate gathering of friends or a discreet business meeting. Taste our freshly prepared Sushi in Dusseldorf. Take a journey through the traditional delicacies of Japan at our Sushi bar. Authentic sushi and sashimi, hand rolls (temaki) and miso soup add an elegance to the repertoire of DOX Restaurant's in-house Sushi Bar. Watch our sushi masters at work as they prepare outstanding Eastern dishes while you enjoy delightful views over the Media Harbour. And don't forget to savour our traditional drinks, such as premium sake, Japanese beer, green tea or rice tea, while you enjoy your live prepared Sushi in Dusseldorf. Taste the exquisitely exotic flavours of Japan at our Sushi restaurant in Dusseldorf.
Reviewed 14 February 2018

The best sushi in Dusseldorf. Very elegant restaurant, excellent food, good service, polite staff. i will com back with pleasure to this place.

Axel Z, Manager at DOX Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dearest Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting DOX Restaurant and your positive review.

It is our pleasure to learn, that you really enjoy your time with us, and especially like our sushi so much!

We look forward to keep welcoming you and remain until next time,

With kind regards from entire DOX Team

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

My family has been coming here for ages: birthdays, graduations, you name it! The food has always been fine but we hadn’t been in a few years. Last week we were staying in the Hyatt for 3 weeks with a family of 6 meaning we were at DOX quite a lot despite the continuing rude staff (dirty looks, snappy attitude etc). At the end of our stay it was my brothers 18th birthday and we came into the restaurant at 11pm on a Saturday asking if we could open a bottle of champagne at a corner table in the back not to disturb any guests finishing their meals of staff cleaning. The staff blew this idea off with such an absolute disgust I’ve never seen at a „5-star“ location. We proceeded to ask to talk to the manager who told us he couldnt care less “ist mir doch scheiss egal” if we ever came back to DOX and mimicked a child crying “boo hoo” when we told him this was the last time we would ever come here. Shocked at this disgusting embarrassing way of treating guests at such a “highly ranked” hotel especially from someone in a higher up position. Treat yourself to other good restaurants in the Medienhafen with better food and WAY better service because there are enough of them close by the hotel. Definitely won’t ever be coming back!

Axel Z, Manager at DOX Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for being our loyal guest at Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf and sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

It is our clear goal and aim to provide the very best service for our guests anytime, and I deeply regret to learn from your comments, that somehow the described situation at our DOX Restaurant went totally wrong.

Therefore I hereby would like to express my sincerest apologies!

Your impressions really doesn´t belong or correspond to our usual warm and professional service, and please trust that we take this very serious and will follow up internally on the occurred immediately.

Still I would highly appreciate if you could come back to me in a personal message via e-mail to: Tim.Blass@hyatt.com or via telephone: +49 (0)211 9134 1761, and please be assured already that I will do my very best to sort this out and regain your trust.

Hoping for your response and with kind regards,
Food & Beveridge Manager
Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Dox is a great restuarant - bar in hyatt hotel. Not so exclusive so You can go casual style. Menu is nice because You have not only shushi but also chicken and other more classic dishes. But the taste and view of the dishes - very good. I really was nice surprised. Beef tartar and shashimi - 5* please see mu photos. Good place !

Axel Z, Manager at DOX Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dearest Guest,

What an excellent feedback for us - thank you so much!

It was great to learn, that we arranged everything to your fullest satisfaction, and we look forward already to be your host again hopefully very soon!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Food review for this place are all over, it was a very good gastronomy experience. Unfortunately the service was terrible, they were short on personal, waiters were rushing all the time, mixing orders and forgetting things. Not acceptable for an upscale restaurant in the house of a 5 star Hotel as Hyatt. It's a shame because a good food never cover a bad service, backwards a good service can hide a not good food.

3  Thank Guille S
Axel Z, Manager at DOX Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing DOX Restaurant and your comments on your experiences made.
I absolutely agree with you that a good dinner must come along with a perfect service and I regret a lot to hear, that you experienced some challenges in this respect.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and feel free to contact me personally in case you wish to arrange a new reservation via (dusseldorf.regency@hyatt.com).
It would be great to receive a 2nd chance and I already promise today that we will do our best then to regain your trust and make you feel just more than welcome!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We are in the bar area on Sunday afternoon. The staff were awesome. The manager women not so much. We ordered a bottle of Chateaux Neuf de Pap. While opening the bottle the cork disintegrated. So embarrassed the server ran to get another bottle. The manager lady returned with our original bottle saying this one is fine.
When we suggested that a disintegrated rotting cork usually reflects a bad bottle she wouldn't listen. She made a recoverable situation terrible.
What was worse we heard that she had berated the original awesome server.
It made a very pleasant Sunday afternoon outing miserable.
She needs to look for another line of work. Or she had a bad day.

2  Thank Akos J
Axel Z, Manager at DOX Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear valued Guests,

Thank you very much for your recent visit at our DOX Bar and your entire feedback.

Sharing with you the same passion for good & expensive wines, I have to say that according to my experience a cork which breaks when trying to open an old bottle, not automatically has to mean, that it is rotted and the wine got bad.
After following up internally with my staff I got confirmed that the end of the cork was still intact and no parts of it, nor oxygen had influenced the content.

Nevertheless I can fully understand your concerns and am with you that we could have explained and handled the entire situation much more sensitive and professional.
Therefore I sincerely apologize for this very unnecessary uncomfortable feeling caused to you!

Please trust that I already shared your comments with my team in order to show them how much impact it can have, when we don´t put ourselves in "the shoes of our guests".
It would be simply a shame, if due to this unfortunate misunderstanding you wouldn´t visit us again, and therefore I would be very pleased to receive your personal message via dusseldorf.regency@hyatt.com and a 2nd chance to regain your trust in us!

Already be assured that my team and I will do our utmost to make you feel only more than welcome again in the future!

With my best,