“Fabulous ”

Ranked #42 of 1,957 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I travel all over the world with my work so I feel I can say this is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at, I had the steak last night it was one of the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I've been here twice and loved it both times. It's located in a neighborhood that, while close to the airport, has many residents, including many elderly, who have lived their entire lives there. It's not a touristy restaurant. The food is excellent local fare, and the staff very friendly. I'm sure if someone waltzes in expecting a downtown, metro atmosphere catering to an English-speaking crowd, and is displeased to find a local restaurant catering to local residents, they're probably going to get the welcome they deserve. The lovely elderly woman who has treated us very warmly both times we've been there (and my German is less than perfect) deserves nothing but warm respect.

Ok, off my soap box! The Düsseldorfer mustard (Senf) steak is to die for (if you're a mustard fan; Düsseldorf is known for its mustard!) and the Wiener Schnitzel is excellent. The food is lovingly prepared and beautifully presented. I strongly recommend Bauernstube Deppe to anyone who is looking for an authentic neighborhood restaurant where the locals go.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I ordered goulash soup and meat combination. My colleague ordered some soup and famous Schnizel. We drank 3 beer; alz, pilz and weisen. There might be some mis-spelling. But that is the point in my report.
Some English speakers complained about this restaurant on English speaking service. One said that they do not speak English at all and he did not understood anything. I also experienced the same. When I phoned to reserve, the lady said " Closed." I asked again, "this evening?" She answered " Closed, of course!"
I went to the concierge of the hotel and asked her to reserve a table and she did it in one minute.
The owner lady, maybe, has a kind of inferior complex against English although she speaks some English. She told us three times " I cannot speak English."
We tried to say some words in German and she really smiled and gave us the best service.
You can feel the real country-side local cuisine just 5 minutes from the airport. Wonderful beer. A bit too much volume with very reasonable price.
When we visit any country, we should learn 20 or 30 words or expressions in local language. It does not take an hour to learn. If you do that, you can experience twice as much and be welcomed three times as much.
Attention; they have an English menu, they do not accept credit card.

1  Thank Kazuhiko N
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Restaurant looked nice. Good choise of diffrent foods on the menu. Food was exelent. Broccoli soup and Pepper steak. But the waitress is very rude. No customer service at all. I have never ever experienced anyting like this. Stay away from here.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I visited Bauernstube Deppe and was very satisfied. Service was very friendly. They might do not speak English, but who cares? If you want to visit local places, there are sometimes issues with communication. You cannot expect that everybody talks english. Anyway I tried the Currywurst and it was absolutely fantastic! Huge portion and very taste. If you want to visit a hidden and charming local restaurant - go there.