“Very French.”

Ranked #44 of 1,957 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Oberkassel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Another of our favourite restaurants in Düsseldorf. The rack of lamb with flageolets and gratin is better than anything I have had in France! In the past I have had excellent skate and my wife nearly always ends up with the entrecôte, which is always excellent. Menu offers a massive selection. Wines are good and not too expensive.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

It's a real brasserie, the ones you like, very crowded, with noise, people are eating next to each other, the menu is wide, and maybe not always understandable... but the wine's not overpriced, the service is quick but correct, you never wait too long, so nothing to complain until the dessert.. The dessert plate was just a mix with chocolate mousse, vanilla ice cream, jelly and pudding, very not my kind of stuff !!
Anyway, I had a good time over there.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The environment is nice, a bit too crowded and loud. The waitress were very nice. I had a salmon tartar (decent), French fries (really good) and a fish soup (the worst soup I’ve ever had in my life). Price was fine, but it’s no possible to pay with any kind of card, only cash...bare it in mind.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We always try to eat here when we are in Düsseldorf even if you have to queue if you come too late. We have never had a bad meal and the roast lamb is absolutely brilliant. Atmosphere is good with interesting guests. Wine and food are reasonably priced. All in all one of our all round favourites.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Truly excellent food even though the menu offers a large variety of very different dishes. We have been to Hülsmann over and over again and have never been disappointed.

No reservations possible so make sure you bring some time as you may have to wait.

Guest are 30+ up to elderly locals from Oberkassel, quite mixed - but surely a place to see and to be seen.

One of my favourite restaurants in Düsseldorf.