“Best italian pizza outside of Italy”
Review of Rossini

Rossini
Ranked #418 of 2,472 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We made a reservation for 8-10 people sometimes before. In the end, we were 12 people. The crew managed to extend our table without problems. My pizza (with spinach and salmon was wonderful, and the food my friends had was also wonderful according to them. the prices were o.k for a big city and the location. All in all, we enjoyed being there and will come again.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed 21 February 2020

We ended up in the Rossini on a Saturday evening in December, without a booking. We were immediately welcomed and accomodated to a great area in the Restaurant. Being italian does help but the staff and and the management were equally treating us and other guests. We had a great evening, food was of excellent quality and very fresh. The fact that the Restaurant has some specialities that are less known is a good indication of how much they care about keeping traditions at the heart of their business. Very good wine list and reccomendation. Exceptional desert (zabaione alla napoletana). Overall, a wonderful evening. To be highly reccomended.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 5 February 2020

Recommended by my hotel, it was in walking distance. The food was nice enough, bruschetta for starters then pasta. I also ordered a bottle of water, 6 Euro, ridiculous price!
There was a nice atmosphere and lots of people from the exhibition there that I was attending, obviously more a tourist return that one for the locals.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank sharon f
Reviewed 14 January 2020

Food - 5/5
Espresso - 4/5
Ambience/Atmosphere - 4/5
Service 4/5
Fizzy drink - fizzy, and from a small bottle . like, I think it should be.

The pasta was excellent! - the dish is a simple one, where one sees every ingredient used, but does, depending on who cooked it, not always taste all of them. On this occasion I did. Everything was there. All flavours came through , nicely balanced, making this simple dish exactly what I hope for when ordering it.
In addition, the portion size was good, and the fizzy drink I ordered came in a small one-portion sized bottle, just as I think these drinks( a tonic water on this occasion) should be served, as they tend to be flat when served from large ones.

The only thing I'd criticise is that when I asked for the waiter to take a drinks order , he decided to greet a friend or an acquaintance and to have a little chat before coming over, gesturing for me to wait.
Judge that as you will

I can honestly say that apart from the faux pas in the service department ( a minor one for me, when set against how friendly they were throughout our visit) this place has convinced me yet again and I am sure to return.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank cnltrips
Reviewed 3 August 2019 via mobile

We had a great time! The staff is so service minded and friendly and you can notice their great teamwork. We ate pasta with truffle and it was amazing. I would really recommend this place for anyone!

Date of visit: August 2019