“Not sure how it rates #1”

James Joyce Irish Pub Bonn
Ranked #5 of 37 Nightlife in Bonn
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It's an ok place with nice interior and a games room but not much room to sit at the bar like you would expect of an Irish bar. Not a good place for the solo traveller to make friends.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Lovely interior and great atmosphere any day of the week. Normally quite busy, so be prepared for that! There's a pool table too. Drinks are decently priced, and the staff are fine - of all the times I've visited, I've always had good service... maybe it's because I'm Irish! But overall, a lovely Irish pub right in the middle of the city centre.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I cannot believe this is the second best bar in Bonn. The staff were rude, unwelcomng and aggresive and have no idea how to serve Guinness. Upon a badly poured pint being slammed down in front of me at the bar by an unsmiling and rude barmaid, I complained and asked why she didn't let the pint settle and then allow it to be refreshed. She grabbed it back added a drop more and slammed it back down in front of me saying "we don't do that, not tonight". It was hardly busy and no one else was witing for drinks despite it being St.Patrick's day. Tasteless drab Guinness comsumed, we quickly moved on.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

James Joyce Irish Pub is 10/10. "Kneipe Meister" is the best. I practically lived there. ALWAYS RECOMMEND.