“Lunch for 2”

Ranked #289 of 427 Restaurants in Bielefeld
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I visited this restaurant with my husband a few days ago and we were not thrilled by the food. We ordered a burrito each, one with meat and one with veggies.The veggie burrito was made with a ton of half cooked broccoli and mushed beans.Both dishes had so much mayonnaise it caused us nausea.In my opinion it was a germanized version of a mexican dish. The place looks nice and the staff is very friendly however the food didn't worth the 35 euro we paid.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Firstly the location and place are quite nice. The waiters are friendly too, however this wasn't great Food. Where the sour cream, guac or the salsa? Where's the flavour the zing or the spice? I've been to two different Mexicans in Germany now and both were bad. I know to avoid Mexican as well as Chinese when in Germany now.

Reviewed 30 November 2014

This large restaurant was busy on Saturday evening. So quite noisy.

A menu of standard Mexican food plus a larger list of drinks and cocktails.

Prices are OK.

Would we return? Probably not.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We recently had a great family meal at Mexims after bowling at The Strike, Bielefeld.

We found the theme, decoration and spaciousness of the establishment particularly nice. There were lots of customers, which is always good to see.

The service was excellent and the staff spoke English which was great.

The food was on the whole very good. The fajitas were delicious and side salads were very fresh and tasty. The only negative, and reason for the 4 star rating, was the fried food being overcooked, particularly the Ribs, which i was really looking forward to.

I strongly believe that if the fried food is cooked a little better that this place would be excellent.

We will definitely return to Mexims if we're in the area again; if only for the cocktails and pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I came here for my first night in Bielefeld. I fancied some fajitas, although they were nice the were very oily. Good friendly service. Will go back again.