All reviews free wifi hotel is located venues euro beds bathroom parking city
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We were here during Documenta 14. The hotel is centrally located in Kassel. Short distances to the Documenta sites as well as shopping and the train station. It was easy to find. Parking is available on site. Staff is friendly and efficient. The room we had was clean and spacious. Very comfortable too.

Breakfast is served off the reception area and offers a full selection of breakfast foods. Very tasty.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulLuehrmann
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with Deutscher Hof in Kassel. Prices fine and include a very nice daily breakfast. We had a very nice room with a huge and recently renovated bathroom. Bathtub , shower and two washbasins.....more going towards a five star hotel. Building of course like the whole city of Kassel of the fifties and hotel is located beneath a big road. Kassel was designed just for cars .....big streets for cars all over. However our room had very good sound proofed windows and .....air condition.....what we really appreciated however I understand that not all rooms are air conditioned.......For us perfectly located for visiting Documenta , main exhibition locations just a stroll away........

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is awesome. Try bacon and eggs :). The Hotel is close to city centre. The staff is courteous and friendly. If I go again to Kassel I will choose it again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Rooms are clean but the bathroom's door is from window.. not convenient if you share your room with a friend.. breskfast is ok.. hotel is close to center.. for visiting Dokumenta venues only 10/15minutes walk is needed

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I stayed in a single room for one week. The room was clean and comfortable although small (but to be fair probably not small by European standards) and the service was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was copious, great variety and tasty. BUT - and here is where I am torn with my rating - the room was dated (think 1970s green bathroom fittings) and smelled very musty. For 113 euros a night I feel this is not acceptable. So 5 stars for service, cleanliness, and food but 2 stars for room ambience. Not having tea and coffee making facilities in the room was a deal breaker for me - not sure if this is a german thing? Also no aircon and no fans - probably OK most of the year, but without being able to open the windows due to traffic noise, can be uncomfortable on warmer nights.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo