“Refreshing place”

Ludwigs
Ranked #1,296 of 2,625 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The place offers a sample of the German legends
- the legendary German efficiency, with joy on top; service was outstanding and fun; add to this a modest version of the legendary Dirndl, national dress, and this was top
- decoration, with tree pots around, was quite appropriate if not even remarkable; the space was rather well kept
- the wine list was quite comprehensive, but limited to German and a few Austrian wines
- prices were modest, for a rich menu

All in all, the place deserves coming back to it.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

I got stuk in Frankfurt when my flight was cancelled. After many many hours of waiting, a qick sleep at a hotel in Wiesbaden and more qeuing I had a great breakfast at Ludwigs. It was a releif to come to Ludwigs after so much trouble. I had the Wilder man breakfast with scrabled eggs, grilled sausages and bacon - fabolous! Their orange juoce was super good. The only complaint I have is that the coffee was not strong enough for my Swedish taste. The girls was very efficient and service minded with a nice smile for me. A great place!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Regular german dishes. Not bad but also nothing special.
The flamkuchen are not advisable if you ask me.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

I was here on a Friday afternoon with an hour to kill in Terminal 2. This place seemed bright and cheery; you should see some of the dismal places in terminal 1.
The service was prompt and the menu regular german/airport/international fare. Nothing wrong with that.

I had the wurst and potato salad - wurst is wurst - but the potato salad very also very good. The coffee came with a nice design on top - it's always nice when folks make an effort .

A decent place to eat and drink in Terminal 2. Being "average" doesn't make it bad. I would eat here again..

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place, good, fresh and tasty food. I recommend you eat schnitzel, it was delicious. If you are in Frankfurt airport go and eat at Ludwigs!