Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt
Best Museum Ever

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Biene61
Colville, Washington
A relative small museum with a broad spectrum

Reviewed 25 June 2018
KarolinOtto
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

All reviews natural history modern art top floor great museum broad spectrum excellent collection few hours small museum fossils exhibits landesmuseum pit galleries german style
Reviewed 10 July 2018

It is a great museum. I grew up in Darmstadt and we always went to the museum. As my children have grown, we continue to go there. Every time we go, there is something new to see. The last time we were able to get in to one of the rare exhibits. It was fantastic. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2018

After the museum was renovated, I have visited the new exibition a few times, as I like the atmosphere and there is always something new to discover. With some things I cannot do anything eg the Buys-rubbish in the top floor, but there are really good collections of minerals, a collection of things that were found in the Grube Messel and wonderful paintings in a new, added partly-underground section of the museum. There are temporary exhibitions that change frequently too.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Only a brief visit on my first trip to Darmstadt. The building is lovely and the museum much larger than I expected so could easily have spent 4hrs there. It's more of a 'classical' museum, the kind I remember as a child, whereas many these days tend to have interactive exhibits alongside artefacts. Will likely return.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2018

150.000 population city but very big, full of historical artifacts, new design modelings. You can spend half of your day in a quick visit. And see too many things. Also impressive for children.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Darmstadt is a very student city. But also when you will come here like a Tourist - you should see "Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt", it is a very interesting place with an excellent collection - it was very surprise for me because Darmstadt is not a very big city!
Your day at the Museum will be very productive, rich in knowledge, you will see many great things. Also with Kids!
When you need a small break, you can also sit in Café Rodenstein - drin coffe, eat something sweet or a dinner.

Date of experience: November 2017