“A rare Find”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Altonaer Fischmarkt
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Walking along the port trying to find a fish restaurant that had local and fresh cuisine that caught my eye was Surprisingly Difficult - I'm fussy ...and i stumbled across this rustic gem, set in what looks like someones front room. Not many tables so i suspect booking might be necessary, but as i was quite late and got in at the last minute was fortunate.
Alas the traditional Boulibase was sold out but there was a clear Lobster version that my friend had that was apparently delicious, and i had Oysters to start with that were sublime, and the Cod for seconds, it came with a very odd tasting sweet tomato sauce, and looked dull but was surprisingly quite delicious, the first waitress we had was charming, very helpful and apologetic for not having the Boulibase and the bread was Scrumptious, when i asked the other waitress for the desert menu she was quite abrupt and said no. ( i know it was late in the evening - and I'm sure they were tired and wanted to go home ) But i feel she could of been a bit friendlier ...other than that i would definitely recommend this restaurant as its Different

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

We came on a Friday night with my daughter's family. Our server was very pleasant, and accommodated our need for English menus with a smile. The service was attentive, but not intrusive. The food was very good, and served with flair. I had the bouillabasse de altona, a twist that I had not had before. It was very good, especially with their great choice of wines. The cafe was packed, and seemed to be very popular, for obvious reasons. We even watch a huge cargo ship pass as we dined. A truly memorable night, and highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

We decided to go out for Dinner spontaneously and found this lovely Place.

What can I say, the Restaurant was full of People, couples and a Group, so the waiter told us that it could take longer, but if we would have time we are welcome.

We decided to stay, thankful that he was openly telling us how the Situation looked like.

Yes, it did take longer, but the Food and the great and very kind Service made it all worth to wait, or let me say it like this: to take the time and enjoy our fellowship and the Food!

Eventhough it was filled to capacity, it was not so loud, so we could still talk to each other in a normal Voice! That is a big PLUS in my eyes!

We are surely coming back and let Friends know about this place!

Reviewed 24 April 2015

One of the best Bouillabaisse stew I tried. Overall the the Mediterranean dishes here are very delicious. Service was excellent. Interior is simple but warm and friendly. We were sitting in the room the right from the entrance and it was a little bit dark (maybe good for romantic evening), however some more light would be appreciated.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a place that proves the old recipe for success right: keep it simple. Great quality ingredients, combined to inspired Mediterranean recipes, served by very friendly and attentive staff in a nicely decorated character building. It is so simple. Highly recommended. The lunchtime specials cannot be beaten for value.