“OMG the best schnitzel ever!!”
Review of Gassenhaur

Gassenhaur
Ranked #23 of 3,994 Restaurants in Hamburg
Price range: US$12 - US$47
Neighborhood: St. Pauli
Neighborhood: St. Pauli
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The interior is beautiful and the music selection eclectic.
Amazing food and fantastic service.
The Gassenhauer schnitzel is to die for!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant atmosphere itself and the service could not really be faulted. I found the food to be underwhelming however. We booked dinner here for one night of a mini break to Hamburg, on foot of the great reviews we had read but were both disappointed with the food. The starters were the best part but the schnitzel mains were only ok - a bit bland for my taste. Overall, a nice experience but I guess I am not a schnitzel fan!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We showed up on the off chance they would have a table on a Saturday night. Tables of two were available but a party any larger I would advise to book. After the reviews of the Wiener schnitzel we decided to try it. Lovely! One of the best I’ve ever had, perfect with the roast potatoes. Desserts did not disappoint either, not a lot of choice but very nice end to the meal. Waiting staff were very polite and friendly. Very patient with our attempts at German and taught us a few more words. A very pleasant way to spend a Saturday evening.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Went to eat here with three friends on a day trip to Hamburg. They wanted to try proper German food and this place was top rated on TripAdvisor. The building itself is nice, and comfortable to sit in. However, to use a bathroom you had to go up and down steep stairs and it was not very obvious.

The service was lacking. We were told to move tables because a larger group came in. I understand the need for this, but I do feel that if we considerably older there would have been less chance of us being told to move. Its not like we could say no. It took too long to bring the menus. A friend ordered wine, and the wrong one was brought out. The waitress at this point was quite rude about it and said the friend had ordered that wine. Perhaps it was the language barrier, but the attitude that came with it was unpleasant. Another waitress, however, kindly let a friend use a plug to charge her phone which was appreciated.

The menu itself is very basic. They only serve schnitzel. We ended up with some zucchini schnitzel and some turkey with a variation of sides. The zucchini wasn't to everybody's taste, but the turkey was lovely. Overall, we had an ok visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Found this resturant on trip advisor and it did not let me done.

I had a great schnitzel with saute potatoes and onions and bacon along with 2 beers.

the schnitzel is very large and I could not finish it all.

The guy that served me was really helpfull and he spoke good english.
The resturant is like eating at a fine dinning place , eveything was clean and neat.
I will return for another great meal. 5 star