“Didn't Know What I Was Missing”
Review of Ashoka

Ashoka
Ranked #13 of 4,074 Restaurants in Hamburg
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: St. Pauli
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I have walked by this restaurant literally hundreds of times and never ventured in. That was until last weekend. My son and I had had a few beers in the Jolly Roger pub down the street and we were looking for somewhere to eat. Why don't we try the Indian just up the road. Why not and I'm really glad we did.

It was a Friday night and we were walkins. Lucky to get a table I think as many of the tables had reserved signs on them.

We were meet by a lovely young lady who was very welcoming and explained the menu.

We had chicken pakora and onion bhajis to start which tasted tremendous. For main I had a lamb biriyani which again was first class.

Excellent choice of beers as well to compliment the meal. Great value for money as well.

The service was second to none, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, great service, beautiful atmosphere - beautiful evening. Don’t miss it when you are in Hamburg!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Hamburg for four nights and ate here twice, both meals were fantastic. The service is fast and friendly and the food is amazing. We were lucky and got a table without having to reserve but the place was always busy so to be sure one should make a reservation. This place is a must for lovers of fine Indian food.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Visited mid Feb whilst on a two day break with my other half. The restaurant has nice decor & a lovely atmosphere.

We had starters and a main, both were lovely, my Banglahore Chicken was delicious.

We both drank the Erdinger which was reasonably priced €4.20 , the red wine was expensive for a glass, €5.60 for a small glass.

Quick friendly service, very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We don’t eat Indian food that often, but it was a good choice to go to Ashoka. We sat in the back, first felt a little lost, but service was good and food even better! Wide range of food but real great taste and everything carefully prepared with much love and that’s what you taste!

Thanks for your hospitality and hopefully till next time!