“Pretentious”

Price range: US$6 - US$8
Neighborhood: Altonaer Fischmarkt
Neighborhood: Altonaer Fischmarkt
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I had been in here for less than 10 minutes when I was informed by the waitress that I would have to move as the table was reserved. No sign in sight.

I then wished to peruse the menu in peace when said waitress kept coming over asking me if I was ready to order (I wanted to wait 30 minutes but after the 4th time of being bombarded with the same question, lost my appetite).

The crowning glory was that upon trying to pay with my credit card I was informed only from 10€. I have no objection to this rule but surely a sign somewhere to inform the customer.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

The waiter had no service talent and was rude when we ordered food. To top it all he asked (begged) for tips when we paid for our meal.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped by after visiting fish market area and had pleasant lunch sat outside. Staff were friendly and corrected an order without any fuss. The menu changes daily with pizza available every day. The tacos and burritos were good, although pizza was not from a wood fired oven. It had a pleasant vibe and you get a view of the harbour and is very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Went here around 2pm to grab something for breakfast/lunch.

I was pleasantly surprised about the quality of the food. Salad was fresh, Eggs were well made (a bit on the little side), potatoes were tasty. My party said, that the burger was extremely good, too.

I cannot confirm any rudeness from the service personal here, as so many other reviewers comment, however, this is definitely not a fine-dining place and Germans (especially in Hamburg) might have a bit a edge to them in the language. Also, I can see that some things aren't perfect, e.g. the lady that served us went 4 tables down, started to smoke and cleaned some tables. Then came back and served again.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

We were 3 people wanting to sit in the sun and have a beer and food. We sat at a table. The waiter told us to switch table (we had a table for 4, and he re-directed us to a table for 2), while there were still space everywhere. I asked politely why and that it would not be very convenient to have such small space to eat, We got told rudly that it was no choice for us, and that we had to move. We left the place.

1  Thank dapandapanda