ArtHotel Connection
US$194
US$153
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsart hotelthird floorgay neighborhoodgay friendly hotelgay travellerold fashioned liftapartment buildingsingle roomorder eggswardrobe spaceshower and toiletcafes and barsnight lifesmall hotelyogurtmain shoppingbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2018

This hotel is on the third floor of a five storey building. There is a small but very beautiful elevator that takes you to the right floor, There i was welcomed by the friendly Stefan.
This man has given me lots of useful information.
The first thing you notice when you enter this hotel is the beautiful hall with the chandeliers.
I had a lovely single room with a small toilet and shower with a good water pressure. The sink is in the hotel room. There is a safety box with push buttons. A clothing rack with hangers. The mattress is good. The only thing that bothered me is the very flat and soft pillow. A lot of German hotels have such pillows. The room isnt noisy at all.

Breakfast is good. A rich buffet. Not as rich as breakfast in an South East Asian hotel. But good enough for such a hotel. A staff member serves Coffe and/or thee. You also can order eggs, prepared the way you like it.
The brekfast room is nicely decorated and the chairs are zebra printed. The entire interior and decoration of the hotel is kitschy but it didnt bothered me.
There is a computer for the guests . But i dont know if its free or available for a fee. The wifi signal is strong throughout the whole hotel.

This hetero friendly hotel is in the oldest gay neighborhood (Schoneberg) of Berlin. There are many catering establishments in the street and erea, but you dont hear anything when you are in the hotel.
If i would stay here again the next time?. For sure

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

My best friend took me here for my 21st birthday in the beginning of August. The location is fantastic, walking distance to the zoo, train stations and lots of great bars and pubs which was exactly what we needed. The hotel itself was absolutely gorgeous, so different and new. The beds were extremely comfortable, rooms and were clean and bathroom modern. The owners of the hotel were unbelievably welcoming and polite. We were unsure of where to go for a night out, they went well out of their way to find the perfect places for us to go. They knew we were having a late night on our last night staying there so pushed our check out time to later so we could have a lie in. Lovely lovely people and place, can't wait to stay here again! Best weekend ever, thank you!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kat J
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights over a weekend. The staff was friendly and helpful; the room clean and comfortable. Small problems: one of my devices would only connect to the wifi occasionally (don't think it was my iPad's fault...), and the solid metal bed frame had a lower post that I kept walking into (fixed in the end by pulling three thick socks over it, but I have a big bruise to show for my clumsiness!). The shower and toilet were good, and there was a basin in the room (though why not put it in the shower room?). As always in Germany, there were two single duvets on the double bed.

I didn't have the hotel breakfast - there's so much choice in this area that I prefer to head out and try different places.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Good Location. Less than 5 mins walk from the station.

Nice, friendly and helpful staff.

Simple but good breakfast.

Very clean.

I stayed in a single room which was quite small, but most of the other rooms seemed much bigger and nicer. So I think, it's ideal to book a double room if you are someone who needs space.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2017

This is a lovely, charming Berlin hotel which is run by a fine staff who made sure my stay in this exciting city was a great one. Location is superb, as it's right in the middle of the Schoneberg area, and so it is walking distance to everywhere, with great transport links just steps away. All around the hotel are good cafes and bars and little restaurants. And when the team recommended the tiny Italian place across the road, take note - I ate there four nights in a row, and it was delicious, fun and a bargain.
As for the ArtHotel itself, this is a well-run establishment, very clean and comfortable. I had an issue with some noise on my first night, and without any hassle at all, I was moved to another room which was ideal and suited my needs for the rest of my stay. Smart, chic and spacious, the room was also very comfortable and just a great place to escape back to after a day - or a night - out exploring this incredible city. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the dining room was a nice place to start the day and the offer of a cup of tea upon arrival was a welcoming touch.
I liked this hotel so much that after my initial stay, I returned here for my final night in Germany and was pleased I did. It was like a great farewell.
Thanks to the entire staff for being so welcoming, so friendly and so kind during my stay. I look forward to seeing you again during the year. The way I rate a hotel is would I stay again? In the case of the ArtHotel, it would be my first choice.

Room Tip: Room fronting the street were just as quiet as the courtyard rooms - all very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo