“Worst And Disrepectful experience at this café”
Review of Nier Cafe

Nier Cafe
Ranked #1,567 of 9,307 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Description: If you are looking for a nice restaurant to have breakfast or lunch, we are happy to serve you some nice food. We have a special card for our Avocado Lovers. We can offer you our vine from our vinery in Austria or other countries around the world, we are happy to answer all your questions. And you have to try our Flammkuchen. ;)
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my best friend walked in to get a latté last week. We asked for soy milk, and talked in Danish about how great the café looked, whether she was the owner or not, and that we thought she was sweet, we also talked about that it was weird that, there is not a Danish word for single shot and double shot. The owner thought we were talking badly about her, and took revenge at us by giving us milk instead of the soy milk we asked for, furthermore she said something in German to her colleague, looked at us and laughed. I did not really get what was going on before my best friend further down the road got an allergic reaction to the milk. Her throat and face swelled up, and she had difficulty breathing like before, so I took the lattés and threw it out in the trash. We could taste that it was not soy milk. The café owner was totally reckless with her actions. We never went back to say something to her about it. We thought she might deny it. I guess it is her who has a problem, but in the future she should be careful with these things. This could have ended very badly for someone who was more allergic than my friend, and might destroy her reputation. It’s a shame..

Chantal N, Inhaber at Nier Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello Paloma, this is absolute horrible! I hope your friend is okay? I am so sorry. That was a huge missunderstanding.
I remember you and your friend. I understood that you wanted a lactose free milk and asked if we still have the milk in the fridge upstairs. (thats why I went downstairs to get the lactose free milk). You are right, that was not soy milk. We have four different sorts of milk. Lactose Free, Almond, Soy and full fat milk.

I feel awful. Whenever you are in Berlin again, I hope you are coming back, so I can make it up to you.
I would never do such horrible thing on purpose. I really hope your friend is okay.
Best regards
Chantal

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Ate here twice for breakfast and will be going back tomorrow. Friendly service and really lovely fresh and well cooked food. Would highly recommend as it is also very good value.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Wonderful place, small but cosy, delicious breakfast, tasty lunch, nice people. Not cheap, but not expensive either. Probably the best salads in the Savignyplatz area. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

were there for a late breakfast - very well prepared, very fresh and tasty! would definitely come again

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We found this place by accident and I'm so glad we did, the people serving were fabulous and food area to a very high standard. The food was amazing first class .